2024 VW GTI SE

UPDATE

I have never had ventilated seats before and accidentally found that the leather seats package has ventilated seats in addition to the leather and memory. All I can say is what a game changer!
It feels like the A/C is coming at me from all directions. Will definitely be a requirement for other vehicles from now on.

Yes upon checking the sticker under the hood does indeed say 508 oil spec. Another thing I noticed was that the engine cover has been upgraded from the nerf style material that seemed to come off and land on the turbo possibly catching fire to the traditional harder plastic.
508 is more than enough for all types of driving on a public road, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sad to read. I use to order every single new car to my particular specs, I never ever bought a car from the lot. Very common in Europe contrary to the US.
I ordered my 1995 Club Sport over the phone- it could not have been easier. I really wanted one, and test drove a GTI at least twice. I couldn’t believe how adamant the dealer was against ordering. I ended up with a new Mazdaspeed 3, which turned out to be a great car. A few years later I dropped by the same VW dealer to ask about a new manual Golf R; that time the sales manager treated me like a 16 year old looky-loo. That was my last visit to that dealer.

Welcome to (and back to) the GTI club. Mine is a 2017 with DSG. I believe yours has the 7 speed while mine is only 6. I smile everytime I drive it and, particularly, at the autocross. I only have 57,000 miles on mine but the only maintenance so far has been oil and filter changes and the 40,000 mile transmission oil change. (and a set of tires the original Bridgestones only lasted 35,000 miles and now there are Michelin PS4s in place. The utilitarian space of the Golf/GTI is surprising.
i

Nice vehicle. Looking to get another hatch myself fairly soon. How much height is there on the back hatch to load stuff?

Back