2024 Nissan Frontier After Market Transmission Temperature Gauge Install

Has anyone installed an after market Temperature Gauge on the Newer Nissan Frontier 9 Speed Transmissions? Such as Autometer,and etc.

Has anyone installed an after market Temperature Gauge on the Newer Nissan Frontier 9 Speed Transmissions? Such as Autometer,and etc.
I believe the higher end scan gauge kits will give an actual number for ATF temp on the 9AT equipped Frontiers, but there's some question as to if it's accurate. I know Torque Pro wont show me ATF temp on my 2022, nor will CVTz50.

I don't want to the OBD Port.
That's the only way you are going to get it with this transmission unless you want to plumb something into a cooler line, etc.

The MB 9G-tronic has 4 wires going into it. Canbus high, canbus low, power and ground. That's it. Gear selecting and all inputs/outputs go through the canbus.

Has anyone installed an after market Temperature Gauge on the Newer Nissan Frontier 9 Speed Transmissions? Such as Autometer,and etc
Isn't this an internal thermostat transmission? Regardless, the temp info is on the ECU port, if you didn't need to monitor the temp all the time then the Torque Pro app and an ODBII dongle would do that as there is already a temp sensor installed in the transmission solenoid pack.

Isn't this an internal thermostat transmission? Regardless, the temp info is on the ECU port, if you didn't need to monitor the temp all the time then the Torque Pro app and an ODBII dongle would do that as there is already a temp sensor installed in the transmission solenoid pack.
Torque Pro and an appropriate dongle still won't give you ATF temp on Jatco's version of the MB 9G tronic. I've tried it on my 2022 Frontier. You need a more advanced scan tool.

Torque Pro and an appropriate dongle still won't give you ATF temp on Jatco's version of the MB 9G tronic. I've tried it on my 2022 Frontier. You need a more advanced scan tool.
Rog, didn't realize some required something different. Torque Pro wouldn't initially read my tranny temp either until I installed the manufacturer specific PID pack

I prefer plumbing a sender into a ’T’ in the output line to the cooler, if possible. I’ve used autometer and good ole “Sun.” Autometer makes a better gauge, but sun is fine unless you are using their electric oil pressure gauges, which tend to wear senders out way too soon.

Rog, didn't realize some required something different. Torque Pro wouldn't initially read my tranny temp either until I installed the manufacturer specific PID pack
Is there a Nissan specific PID pack? I have never seen one - only Ford and Toyota. I have seen long threads where people had a single Nissan PID and even with seemingly expert help they couldn't get it to work.

I would be really interested in trans temp even if I had to enter the PID manually.

Is there a Nissan specific PID pack? I have never seen one - only Ford and Toyota. I have seen long threads where people had a single Nissan PID and even with seemingly expert help they couldn't get it to work.

I would be really interested in trans temp even if I had to enter the PID manually.
The Ford one was the one I was referencing getting the PID pack for. We have an Armada but I've never tried to get trans temps from it or researched whether there is a PIC pack for Nissan

Back