2024 GMC Terrain rental

I’m probably not the best reviewer since we have mostly junk. Overall this was a pretty good rental with 15k. Put couple hundred on it. Is it just me or does GM’s seem to ride better than most brands? Interior quality seemed pretty good.

No complaints on power, chirp the wheel easy. CVT was one of the better ones I’ve experienced. A lot of bells and whistles. This might be one you own for 10 years and trade it. The power seat adjusting perfectly each time was cool, neither the wife or I had to adjust it manually. The rear doors reminds me a lot of a Torino.
IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

GM has long made nice looking, nice driving vehicles IMO. Virtually all I owned for 25 years.
We have all brands.. not sold on GM longevity though. Debating on if we should get a Colorado to flat tow over a Wrangler though. They do have better styling.

The Terrains and the twin Equinox have been good from what I've seen. The early ones folks complained about the lack of power from the 180 HP I4 Ecotec & to opt for the V6 but if wanting to save fuel the I4 is great. I'm not sure what comes in these latest versions though. Was this a I4? Do they offer bigger engine still?

Yeah I don’t have any anymore and the few still in the family have been mediocre to less than that. But I know co- workers who have had good luck with them. Like anything do your research and you can get a good one or bad one.

The Terrains and the twin Equinox have been good from what I've seen. The early ones folks complained about the lack of power from the 180 HP I4 Ecotec & to opt for the V6 but if wanting to save fuel the I4 is great. I'm not sure what comes in these latest versions though. Was this a I4? Do they offer bigger engine still?
My sister has bought a Traverse every five years forever - gets the top of the line - no issues but a pretty soft driver and follows the OM on PM … Her current unit is very nice …

Didnt even pop the hood lol.. have to do enough of that at home.

Only engine available is the 1.5l turbo.

I'd like to get one of these for myself, I commute to the office 3x a week about 30 miles each way and the Tuscon is not cutting it. Need a little more comfort.

We don't have kids but I like the size of the Acadia more, and I have no need for a third row either.

The 4 cylinder turbo GM has me a bit worried but I get rid of cars at 100k miles so it may not matter.

Terrain is fairly cheap to get even new.

the one to get is the new acadia. they put a lot of effort into that vehicle and it shows.
Yeah - some of the long term dealers that had all lines are dropping down to Chevy/GMC - so an effort to feed them selections …

I'm sure they're out there, but you don't hear of many issues with the ~2018+ Equinox/Terrain 1.5T. Not even turbo-wise. Same with the 6 and 9spd AT, given the number of them out there. The AWD system on these is easy to service and I know at least up to 2023, there are no annoying fiber panels covering everything under there like most everything else these days.

I have no loyalty to any one brand, but am impressed with our 2021 Traverse and 2016 Malibu at least in terms of comfort, ride, handling, serviceability, etc.

When I have to add another vehicle to my fleet in the next year or so, I'm considering a used Terrain, Equinox, Traverse or Acadia. May even consider a 2021-23 acadia with the LSY 2.0T w/ 9AT.

Back