2024 Dodge Charger Daytona SRT EV Prototype

Curious to see what the transmission buys them. Trans are hard to keep together under that much torque.

They should let the thing be what it is vs try to simulate something its not. There are ways to make the sounds work without all the rigmarole with stuff like straight cut gearboxes - every real hotrodder knows they are more efficient and sounds bitchen.

Looks great - eager to see what it actually brings to the party vs hype.

Curious to see what the transmission buys them. Trans are hard to keep together under that much torque.

They should let the thing be what it is vs try to simulate something its not. There are ways to make the sounds work without all the rigmarole with stuff like straight cut gearboxes - every real hotrodder knows they are more efficient and sounds bitchen.

I would guess, if it is not for cosmetics and fun, it would be to keep the motor size small for the torque. Despite having a wide and much flatter torque curve electric motors do have their limitation. I would think the better alternative would be 2 electric motors running in same / opposite direction with a planetary gearbox but that increase inverter and motor driver cost.

The Taycan uses a 2-speed gearbox, perhaps it is similar?

According to the Stellantis website; https://www.stellantis.com/en/technology/electrification

"At Stellantis, electrification is not a one size fits all proposition. Our global engineering teams are developing vehicle platforms, propulsion and energy storage systems that will enhance the inherent DNA of each of our 14 iconic brands. "

I am interpreting this statement, that Dodge will have some customization capability with driver control and feedback. Also if you watch the imbedded video the Charger SRT future concept seems to be shown at the .06 second mark.......interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
Better looking EV. ICE is dead for extreme performance but sounds and feels better IHMO.

ICE will be able to compete if hybrid drivelines show up more often .

I am glad to see Dodge providing those who do not care about the earth a reason to abandon their gas-hog muscle cars for something faster (for the money), more dependable, and even a "roar" to satisfy their junior high school needs. There is a part of the American population who are 40+ years old, who still need junior high school type toys...so the fake roar should seduce many of them, if the 0-60 performance does not. If this is what it takes to get the deniers, and MAGA crowd to pivot away from gas burners, so be it...well done, Dodge, WELL DONE!!

• Sad
Reactions: 4WD
I am glad to see Dodge providing those who do not care about the earth a reason to abandon their gas-hog muscle cars for something faster (for the money), more dependable, and even a "roar" to satisfy their junior high school needs. There is a part of the American population who are 40+ years old, who still need junior high school type toys...so the fake roar should seduce many of them, if the 0-60 performance does not. If this is what it takes to get the deniers, and MAGA crowd to pivot away from gas burners, so be it...well done, Dodge, WELL DONE!!

Good Lord...

Anyways, I absolutely hate cars that have stuff like fake noise and stuff like shifting just for feel. If you're going to build a performance EV, just build a performance EV. If you want to build a muscle car, put a big engine in a long wheelbase mid sized car and have it drive the rear wheels. Cars that try to be 2 fundamentally different things at once are the worst.

More stuff on the E Charger

BCDF10C2-6C64-46CF-9AE9-09460C99B068.jpg

Exhaust sounds from an EV?!? I mean, the battery does make a lot of pops as each cell releases in a fire… but I’m not sure that’s what they were going after.
Some EVs, like my friends beautiful i8, allow you to play fake engine sounds through the radio.
The i8 is actually a hybrid, by the way.

Last edited:
Some EVs, like my friends beautiful i8, allow you to play fake engine sounds through the radio.
The i8 is actually a hybrid, by the way.
I can understand from a hybrid. My Accord Hybrid makes typical Honda engine sounds too.

I hope they keep it as a 2 door.... The one now was originally a 2 door in the first picture of the NEW Dodge Charger but we all seen what happened to it...A Dodge Charger is a 2 door not a 4 door...IMO

I can understand from a hybrid. My Accord Hybrid makes typical Honda engine sounds too.
Is the noise in your Accord for safety reasons or for entertainment? I like the safety noise, especially in reverse. Costco shoppers in the parking lots are the worst!
My friend's i8 is purely for entertainment with speakers inside and outside played through the radio. She thinks it's silly. The engine is the 3 cylinder, 1.5L Mini Cooper power house.
Drop dead gorgeous car, that's for sure. Love it!

Is the noise in your Accord for safety reasons or for entertainment? I like the safety noise, especially in reverse. Costco shoppers in the parking lots are the worst!
My friend's i8 is purely for entertainment with speakers inside and outside played through the radio. She thinks it's silly. The engine is the 3 cylinder, 1.5L Mini Cooper power house.
Drop dead gorgeous car, that's for sure. Love it!
No I meant that when the engine is actually operating, it sounds like a Honda engine.

No obnoxious sounds like my brothers RAV-4 hybrid. That thing sounds like it’s broken when in reverse with its “safety” noise.

Body-in-white photos leaked?

Big transmission tunnel. Hmmm. Maybe the rumors of keeping an ICE option are true. Maybe like BMW’s CLAR platform that accommodates ICE and BEV? Swap out floor pan, firewall, etc.

IMG_3382.jpeg

IMG_3383.jpeg

IMG_3384.jpeg

Last edited:

“Performance Made Us Do It: Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept Previews Brand’s Electrified Future​

• The future of electrified muscle: Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept
  • Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept drives like a Dodge, looks like a Dodge and feels like Dodge – and just happens to be a battery-electric vehicle (BEV)
  • Three game-changing, patent-pending features make up the core of the Charger Daytona SRT Concept:
    • R-Wing: Front aerodynamic wing retains Dodge profile while achieving aerodynamic efficiencies
    • Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust: Industry-first exhaust system for an electric vehicle delivers a performance sound that rivals the SRT Hellcat
    • eRupt: Multi-speed transmission with an electro-mechanical shifting experience that’s pure Dodge
  • Charger Daytona SRT Concept powered by new 800V Banshee propulsion system
  • Concept design revolutionizes the look of a BEV while offering subtle nods to Dodge brand’s muscle car legacy”
Sounds like the new STLA Large EV platform, AWD standard, 3 power levels (9 different power levels through Direct Connection), 400v lower-end models.

View attachment 112937

View attachment 112938

View attachment 112940

View attachment 112941

TFL got some more info from Dodge:

Remember the prototype of the return of the Charger was a 2 door too...then they messed it up and added two more doors...

Back