2023 Mini Countryman

No, but higher oil temperatures would, which is more to the point.

I am not a thickie by any means, I use 20 grade in cars that call for it, but I would probably go to 30 grade BMW approvals if driving situations dictate oil temps start exceeding about 240 or so.
Which the OP will never know because I not believe oil temp is displayed.

It was a trade in to the Audi dealer where she purchased it. I'm trying to find out who, when and at what mileage the last oil change was done. She is on her own for maintenance, I'm going to suggest 7,000 mile or 1 year oci's. Is this overkill or too little?
Sounds about right for average driving. Short trips and all the other stuff that stresses the oil maybe sooner. Not sure if that engine is a fuel diluter, Bimmer experts will chime in.

It was a trade in to the Audi dealer where she purchased it. I'm trying to find out who, when and at what mileage the last oil change was done. She is on her own for maintenance, I'm going to suggest 7,000 mile or 1 year oci's. Is this overkill or too little?
10,000 miles/1 year is what I would do.

Wonder what the Audi dealer she got it at uses if she brought it to them for OCI. I know the bulk oil at mine uses the VW/Audi labeled Mobil 1ESP X2 0W-20, which is an excellent oil for low visc. speced applications. It's VW508/509 and ACEA C5, but don't know if the M1 is BMW rated at all. But if they would use that and a Mann/Mahle/Hengst filter, I can't see really going wrong there.

Even after warranty, don't know if there would be a real NEED for anything higher unless specific use dictates it, ie; track use, etc.
Currently 0W20 oils don’t have most of European approvals. It seems that each manufacturer so far has specifications that exclude other ones. I yet to see oil being approved for BMW LL17FE, MB229.71, VW508.00/509.00.

Wonder what the Audi dealer she got it at uses if she brought it to them for OCI. I know the bulk oil at mine uses the VW/Audi labeled Mobil 1ESP X2 0W-20, which is an excellent oil for low visc. speced applications. It's VW508/509 and ACEA C5, but don't know if the M1 is BMW rated at all. But if they would use that and a Mann/Mahle/Hengst filter, I can't see really going wrong there.

Even after warranty, don't know if there would be a real NEED for anything higher unless specific use dictates it, ie; track use, etc.
Unfortunately they are different oils needed comparably. We have to carry two different oils for those because you cannot meet the approvals for both with the same oil.

Back