2023 BMW X3 xDrive30i B46TU1 | BMW TPT LL01FE | 3,600 miles

Vehicle: 2023 BMW X3 xDrive30i with B46B20O1
Miles on oil: 3,587 miles
Time on oil: 2.5 months
Miles on car: 5,370 miles
New oil: BMW TPT LL01FE 0W-30
Old oil: factory-filled 0W-20

The 1.1% fuel dilution is most likely due to my short commute (2 miles one-way). The BL row was the baseline VOA I posted here. I will post more UOAs as the car ages and see where and when the wear metals stabilize.
5370 - BMW TPT LL01FE-1.jpg

Still a 30 grade with that 1.1%. No worries. Besides you're not using that 20 grade anymore.

It's odd that BMW's LL-01FE full SAPS oil looks to have mid SAPS additive levels. Not an anomaly as other VOA of it has shown low Zn / P.

The wear metals are shockingly low for a car with only 5k miles on it. Looks really good!

Low wear on a new engine. Amazing, really.
Even sealant residue is very low.
Probably because this is the 2nd oil change? The 1st oil change was done around 1800 miles. Here is what the filter looked like at 1800 miles. I could see sealant residue and metal shavings in every fold.
1800.jpg

And here is what the filter looks like at 5400 miles. No visible metal shavings and sealant residue anymore. The filters look different because the 1st oil filter is dried out and the 2nd filter is still saturated with oil.
5400.jpg

Hey, when you get lucky with a healthy engine, right off the assembly line, it’s definitely a nice feeling. I know from experience.

You gonna stick with 3k OCIs until more break-in stuff washes out?

Hey, when you get lucky with a healthy engine, right off the assembly line, it’s definitely a nice feeling. I know from experience.

You gonna stick with 3k OCIs until more break-in stuff washes out?
Yup it sure feels good! I'm gonna do a 5k OCIs from now on. The dealer will change oil & filter every 10k for free up until 30k miles and I will do the 15k, 25k, etc. I will ask them to use LL01FE just to be consistent.

Back