2023 Acadia 2.0T Filter

Just picked up a new vehicle. Pf66 is stock. Not knowing much about gm filters, is the stocker ok or is there a better one out there? Oil changes will be based more on time than miles, as I usually get to 6 months before I put 5k on the oil.

Appreciate your insights.

Just picked up a new vehicle. Pf66 is stock. Not knowing much about gm filters, is the stocker ok or is there a better one out there? Oil changes will be based more on time than miles, as I usually get to 6 months before I put 5k on the oil.

Appreciate your insights.
If you're just running a 6 month OCI & staying under the OEM OCI then the OEM Stocker will work well. If you are going beyond the OEM OCI (Dash OLM) then you'll need to upgrade the filter to an extended version.

AC Delco offers a premium version of that filter. Ultra guard gold UPF66R
The can is thicker, metal end cap, metal core, synthetic media. I have weighed the regular and Ultra guard gold and gold is much heavier. Dealer, Walmart, Amazon, Rockauto stock Ultraguard gold. I run the Ultra guard versions on my GM vehicle.

Reference Number: GCUS-9-11766
PF66 (GM #55495105) Oil Filter Shortage and Replacement Parts Effective 8/20/2021
Due to increase in demand in the past 6 months, the PF66 oil filter (GM# 55495105) is currently backordered.
In the immediate interim, GM Engineering has recommended the ACDelco UPF66R as the preferred approved filter.
While not equivalent with the OE filter, considering the potential impact on GM vehicle owner satisfaction, we are allowing the usage of the following aftermarket filters for a limited time until a solution is identified. Additional bulletins will be distributed advising of sufficient PF66 availability and ending the competitive aftermarket filter warranty. We will also continue to warranty the engines (subject to remaining warranty) that receive one of the following aftermarket filters:

• Mighty – M9510
  • Valvoline – VO202
  • Parts Master – WL610351
  • Luber-finer – PH10066
  • Champ – PH10066
  • Wix – WL10351
  • NapaGold – 100351
  • PurolatorTech – TL11241
  • Purolator – L11424
Funny implication for those of us that don't use the above recommendations. Oh well, just make sure you toss a PF66 on before the tow to the dealer when the engine fails.

Reference Number: GCUS-9-11766
PF66 (GM #55495105) Oil Filter Shortage and Replacement Parts Effective 8/20/2021
Due to increase in demand in the past 6 months, the PF66 oil filter (GM# 55495105) is currently backordered.
In the immediate interim, GM Engineering has recommended the ACDelco UPF66R as the preferred approved filter.
While not equivalent with the OE filter, considering the potential impact on GM vehicle owner satisfaction, we are allowing the usage of the following aftermarket filters for a limited time until a solution is identified. Additional bulletins will be distributed advising of sufficient PF66 availability and ending the competitive aftermarket filter warranty. We will also continue to warranty the engines (subject to remaining warranty) that receive one of the following aftermarket filters:

• Mighty – M9510
  • Valvoline – VO202
  • Parts Master – WL610351
  • Luber-finer – PH10066
  • Champ – PH10066
  • Wix – WL10351
  • NapaGold – 100351
  • PurolatorTech – TL11241
  • Purolator – L11424
Funny implication for those of us that don't use the above recommendations. Oh well, just make sure you toss a PF66 on before the tow to the dealer when the engine fails.
Use the WIX 0351 as has silicone adbv and I’ve cut one apart lately that did well

Nothing wrong with AC Delco, they are decent filters 98% efficiency at 30 microns.

The PF66 is the same filter for the 2.7 I-4 in the Silverado and the 23 Colorado. While Walmart didnt have them my local Chevy dealer did and for less then Walmart would sell them for if they actually had any.

Back