2022 Nissan Frontier Info Reveal Today

It will be interesting indeed.

The 2020 "refresh" was pretty funny. Same truck, but with a DI engine, 8spd (or is it 9??) automatic and push button start instead of the old school key they had up until 2019.

I still say they're the best vehicle Nissan ever made. It's too bad the Titan and Armada came too gadgeted up, making them less reliable.

It will be interesting indeed.

The 2020 "refresh" was pretty funny. Same truck, but with a DI engine, 8spd automatic and push button start instead of the old school key they had up until 2019.

I still say they're the best vehicle Nissan ever made. It's too bad the Titan and Armada came too gadgeted up, making them less reliable.
I agree besides the Hardbody, the Hardbody, Xterra and Frontier aren’t bad vehicles from my experience. I would not buy one with push button start though. Titan is definitely no good I’ve worked on some of those.

AutoMechanic said above, "I didn’t know any mini trucks were still in production."
The Frontier is a mini-truck? My pal has a 2019 and it doesn't look mini to me.
A Chevy LUV from the 1970's and sis' '84 Toyota pick up were mini trucks.
?
Todays mini truck is yesterdays half ton. Heck, half-tons today are towing more than a 3/4 tons from 20 years ago.

Two hours to go. If they would make a new Toyota T100 type that carries 4x8 sheets flat in the bed, gate closed, with a normal step in height, 4 cyl engine and a 5 speed manual, it would be nice. Manual windows, manual a/c, and 15k Msrp. That’s what I want.

Todays mini truck is yesterdays half ton. Heck, half-tons today are towing more than a 3/4 tons from 20 years ago.
This is so true. I recently saw a new Tacoma parked next to an early 2000's Silverado and the size of the two were more similar than I expected. My 2020 Ram 1500 DT is massive compared to that Silverado.

If I had not purchased my Ram last year I would give the Frontier more consideration. It will be interesting to see if they improve on the interior space compared to the Tacoma.

When did Nissan kill the manual 6-speed/V6 combo?
Automatic only.... getting tired of rebuilding 'classics' for the options I don't want.

I think the Titan is on death watch in the U.S. They already pulled the Titan in Canada- and their vans in the U.S. SO-that leaves the Frontier. I don't think Nissan will survive the next ten years in the U.S. unless their product portfolio gets a major infusion. The MSRPs on the Titan's are very "optimistic". Let's hope they don't jack up the price on the Frontier.

I think the Titan is on death watch in the U.S. They already pulled the Titan in Canada- and their vans in the U.S. SO-that leaves the Frontier. I don't think Nissan will survive the next ten years in the U.S. unless their product portfolio gets a major infusion. The MSRPs on the Titan's are very "optimistic". Let's hope they don't jack up the price on the Frontier.
I forgot where I read this, but that is exactly what they are doing. Supposed to be releasing a large number of new products in the next 10 years, and they know that their survival depends on it.

Two hours to go. If they would make a new Toyota T100 type that carries 4x8 sheets flat in the bed, gate closed, with a normal step in height, 4 cyl engine and a 5 speed manual, it would be nice. Manual windows, manual a/c, and 15k Msrp. That’s what I want.
Absolutely. Wish they would bring the T100 back in it’s original design and features that is one of my favorite trucks. Or a redesign that looks decent unlike the new Rangers and Colorados and Canyons.

Yes!!! Please!!!... Although I definitely would go for a 4dr Nissan frontier with a 4.0L V6, 4x4, and 6-speed manual. I bet those are in the $15k range right now with a few miles under their belts. That's an ideal truck in my opinion. Very basic, powerful, capable, and the right size. Those who have them are always surprised by how well Frontiers tow stuff, compared to Tacoma and Colorado/Canyon.

P.S. I still remember the smell of starting a Toyota T100 in 4th gear... That poor clutch... It did it though! With nearly 400k on the odometer at the time (2012ish).

Absolutely. Wish they would bring the T100 back in it’s original design and features that is one of my favorite trucks. Or a redesign that looks decent unlike the new Rangers and Colorados and Canyons.

The 1st gen Tundra was essentially what you describe.

Back