2022 NHL playoff predictions

You had to figure Tampa would bounce back at home with at least 1 win. The offside call (correct call!) on the Av's changed the game IMO. If that goal counts I think it is 3-0 Av's. Tampa finally looked like they had some jump, they had been flat in the majority of the first 2 games.

I still say Av's in 5 or 6!

just my $0.02

I agree with game 3 being important. Now if TB wins game 4 it evens up the series but if they lose then they're down 3-1. Another pivotal game on Wednesday.

I think I would give Francouz the start in game 4.

Kuemper managed a 7-0 shutout in game 2 and is winning the series 2-1. Not sure I would take my #1 goalie out. I am fine with pulling him last night, but come right back with him in game 4. It shows him and the team you have confidence in them winning. Everyone is allowed a bad game, just like Vas in game 2 for the Bolts.

just my $0.02

I understand your reasoning for wanting to play him. But Kuemper has had three injuries since January. Jan 17 Greenway hit him in the head, May 5th eye injury, Then in game 1 against the oilers he pulled himself with blurry vision. I'd give him a rest for the next game as he could be playing at less then 100% right now.

I think the Cirelli and Maroon goal are two that Kuemper could have done better on last game.

As a bolts fan I hope they play Kuemper. I think we can solve him in game 4.

I'm a little worried about us right now. The injuries are piling up, but the bolts are good at rising to the occasion. If we win game 4 I think we take it in 7

I don't care about Kuemper's game 2 shutout. I would give as much credit, if not more credi,t to the team in front of him that played an incredible game to help him get that shutout. In game 3 he laid an egg at times looking like he doesn't deserve to be in the NHL.

IF Point and Kuch are out for game 4 and the Avs lose again because of Kuemper, I think he will be riding pine.

Solid bounce back game from Kuemper. He could have certainly struggled after that first goal last night! I think this is over in 5 now.

Again, I am impressed with Makar. I think he is the MVP for sure.

Just my $0.02

So much for Bolts striking back. Didnโ€™t look too healthy in OT

They are banged up pretty badly I would guess, you have to think that they have plenty of wear and tear after 3 consecutive runs to the Stanley Cup Final. Now if they want that third Cup in a row they need to win three games in a row. I have my doubts but if any team can do it they can. That being said I don't see it happening.

Avs win the Cup and Makar wins the Conn Smythe like I said earlier in this thread.

I for one am hoping Dustin Brown and the LA KINGS win the Stanley Cup. If they donโ€™t Iโ€™d like to see the ST LOUIS BLUES win the Stanley Cup. What do you folks predict?

Hockey is very big in the NE, do you ever go to the games ?

Makar is impressive, but he would be more impressive if he wasn't a -3 so for in the final series. Just saying.

I'm a defence coach and I really like the +/- stat.

Makar is impressive, but he would be more impressive if he wasn't a -3 so for in the final series. Just saying.

Makar gets played in all situations against the toughest assignments from the most dominant team over the past 3 years, cut him a little slack :)

He is putting up historic numbers, 4th most by a defenseman during a single playoff run. He is behind the likes of Paul Coffey, Brian Leech, and Al MacInnis. He is contributing more than anyone to his team's success on both ends of the ice.

He is putting up historic numbers, 4th most by a defenseman during a single playoff run. He is behind the likes of Paul Coffey, Brian Leech, and Al MacInnis. He is contributing more than anyone to his team's success on both ends of the ice.
Yes he is.

I get your line of thinking and I was that way as well when I coached. I would argue that you have to factor in ice time and the fact he is playing against Tampa's #1 line most of the time. It is hard to be "+" when you are against the top guys every shift in every series.

just my $0.02

Well i have my doubts :( Bolts looked bad in the OT, just to banged up and too tired.

They are going to have to pull from a very deep well to win out. Avs look good, think they might have this one. At least its not Toronto :p

Back