2022 Jeep Wagoneer review

2017 4Runner TRD Pro. 175K miles. Vehicle has been flawless with no mechanical issues whatsoever. Good luck getting that out of the new Wagoneer.
According to you...and believing everything you read on the internet, well you know.

Let also be honest, anything made in the past 10 years will do 200k without much effort besides basic maintenance. Toyota doesn't have a patent on reliability.

A company called Wagonmaster down in Texas restores those old Wagoneers, but they come with an astronomical price tag that exceeds the price of the new Wagoneer. 😳
Yikes, you weren't kidding on price. Also if Overkill's father gets a Wagoneer I would suggest this fine enhancement. :ROFLMAO:

both-colors_800x.jpg

Let also be honest, anything made in the past 10 years will do 200k without much effort besides basic maintenance.
I can't say that has been my experience with any brand...

Then again, what do you consider "basic maintenance?"

And also, is making it 200K with a bunch of leaks and issues considered acceptable? It's all relative.

You mention the rider is like a Ram 1500, my friend Javier bought a 19 Ram 1500 (V6 Lone Star model) and that truck rides as comfortable and quiet as a luxury car. No road noise whatsoever. That V6 will seriously go! And it's so quiet that you can't even hear the engine. Same touchy brakes like you mentioned. You barely touch the pedal and it nose dives.

I can't say that has been my experience with any brand...

Then again, what do you consider "basic maintenance?"

And also, is making it 200K with a bunch of leaks and issues considered acceptable? It's all relative.
He said mechanical issues so one would assume if it still runs/forwards/reverse/stops but the heated seats don't work or the radio is sometimes finicky then yes a small oil leak is acceptable as it doesn't prevent in from working.

Basic? Filters & fluids. If a seal goes bad at 150k, replace it? A part that wears out from use over that course? I mean if you follow manual and don't drive like the WRC or simultaneously live in the Sahara and Siberia. I don't think 200k is much to ask for but in the interest of being fair lets say 150k should be easy.

A company called Wagonmaster down in Texas restores those old Wagoneers, but they come with an astronomical price tag that exceeds the price of the new Wagoneer. 😳
sooner have an old straight axle 4WD Suburban - the surf fisherman down south make serious rigs from them …
know a Captain from Maine that fully restored one in the two tone of that era …

For some reason videos and pics on the wagoneers make it look odd. Parked on the street though there fine. Life is too short to worry about Total Cost of Ownership, or brand reliability.

The Wagoneer was aimed to take on the other domestic big box suvs, though Jeep is having a tough time moving these relative to say the Exp_urban. The more car like and sleek GC/L products basically stole this products thunder.

While not a V8, when the Sequoias land, might be something to look into.

For some reason videos and pics on the wagoneers make it look odd. Parked on the street though there fine. Life is too short to worry about Total Cost of Ownership, or brand reliability.

The Wagoneer was aimed to take on the other domestic big box suvs, though Jeep is having a tough time moving these relative to say the Exp_urban. The more car like and sleek GC/L products basically stole this products thunder.

While not a V8, when the Sequoias land, might be something to look into.
They’re doing decently for what they are. At the end of Q2 the Wagoneer was at 17,275 units sold and the Grand Wagoneer was at 7,101. Expedition was at 22,847, Tahoe was at 36,419 and the Suburban was at 16,511.

But I agree, they look odd in photos and video, I think they look much better in person.

They’re doing decently for what they are. At the end of Q2 the Wagoneer was at 17,275 units sold and the Grand Wagoneer was at 7,101. Expedition was at 22,847, Tahoe was at 36,419 and the Suburban was at 16,511.

But I agree, they look odd in photos and video, I think they look much better in person.
Tahoe and Suburban are slowed by chips - so the dealerships list them (I’d say 5 to 1) “in transit” which IMO is bull if they’d only need to travel from Arlington to Dallas … or in my case Houston’s largest Chevy dealer …
Selling an expensive vehicle above MSRP will never break sales records …
Oh, One of my co workers wanted a diesel Suburban - shipped down from a Michigan dealer …

Tahoe and Suburban are slowed by chips - so the dealerships list them (I’d say 5 to 1) “in transit” which IMO is bull if they’d only need to travel from Arlington to Dallas … or in my case Houston’s largest Chevy dealer …
Selling an expensive vehicle above MSRP will never break sales records …
Oh, One of my co workers wanted a diesel Suburban - shipped down from a Michigan dealer …
I messed up, I quoted 2020 sales figure for Tahoe and Suburban. 2022 figures are 45,048 for the Tahoe and 21,321 for the Suburban. So firmly in 3rd place among the Big 3, as usual.

I messed up, I quoted 2020 sales figure for Tahoe and Suburban. 2022 figures are 45,048 for the Tahoe and 21,321 for the Suburban. So firmly in 3rd place among the Big 3, as usual.
The situation on the ground is that while the tahoe and urban are MSRP+ finding a decent below invoice deal on the wagoneer is a cake walk. I guess folks who want a 3 row full size bof SUV still go with trusted nameplates regardless of how many new bells and whistles a new competitor brings to them.

Back