2022 Jeep Wagoneer review

It would seem that getting in and out easily is the key for a new vehicle for them. Do they need a vehicle that size? Fuel is not going to get cheaper for the foreseeable future.

The Wagoneer just looks... odd to me. My wife says the same and we can't really put our finger on why.

I think it's a lot of things together. The windows are small and odd shapes, the wheels/tires are too small, there is no rear bumper so the rear is just a flat slab.

The Cherokee L looks great. The Wagoneer is a swing and miss IMO.
It looks like a lifted Caprice station wagon to me… It’s hideous.

1648680375346.jpeg

$98,000 (any type) vehicle only reminds me of my age. I won't even type the (under $5000) price of my first new Chevelle or (under $9000) GMC pickup. WOW.

You can get running boards for the Grand Cherokee L
Yes, but they unfortunately aren't as wide. I noted that in the L thread. My dealer has none in stock at the moment, but are able to add them on (the OE ones) for less than $1500. We'll be looking at that option, as dad likes that vehicle better.

It would seem that getting in and out easily is the key for a new vehicle for them. Do they need a vehicle that size? Fuel is not going to get cheaper for the foreseeable future.
My mom likes huge vehicles, dad? not so much now. They do want an SUV though (dad wanted a truck). Dad has a car presently (a Town Car) but getting in and out of that is also a struggle for mom, because she has to get down into it. The truck or large SUV, kneeled down, with the large running board steps and the big grab handle on the pillar is very easy for her, basically no effort.

Poor mom, I have a good idea with my back / hip / knee + neck issues how tough it must be for her. Hope they can compromise to something both can get use out of no matter how limited at times.

Yes, but they unfortunately aren't as wide. I noted that in the L thread. My dealer has none in stock at the moment, but are able to add them on (the OE ones) for less than $1500. We'll be looking at that option, as dad likes that vehicle better.
I'd much prefer not driving that giant whale of a Wagoneer. Much better for older people.

It looks like a lifted Caprice station wagon to me… It’s hideous.

View attachment 94598
Ah - those dreaded (Chevy Chase - family truckster) station wagons of the 60s and 70s, 80s. :ROFLMAO:
My dad's older brother and family lived over 700 - 800 miles from us. Each summer at start we would drive to them for a week. Then end of summer they would drive to us for a week visit. Now the station wagon cross country grand prix. Seems each summer they both would have traded up to and bought the largest V8 cui monster engine they could get stock in the Pontiac or Chevy or Oldsmobile station wagons. I think one of their greatest joys was not only getting families together but to see who could do that near 800 mi (pre-USA interstate) road trip in the least amount of time with bragging rights for the next 12 months. Us kids (too young to be scared) had a blast bouncing from seat to ceiling and being thrown all across the seats as our tires barely stayed on the pavement as they exceeded the speed limits I am certain more than half the times. Crazy part is they never got a speeding tickets and never left one of us kids behind at a gas station or truck stop! You guys bring so many fond memories to mind. This belongs in another thread I know. Did it again.

100 grand….lmao… no way man, even if you got it….Havent they been plagued with crazy electrical problems? Yep googled and edited. Ya’ll should probably do a little research before committing. Module failure and glitches a plenty.

Last edited:
100 grand….lmao… no way man, even if you got it….Havent they been plagued with crazy electrical problems? Yep googled and edited. Ya’ll should probably do a little research before committing. Module failure and glitches a plenty.
Thanks Mr. Tips with 50 posts, guess I completely forgot about the existence of search engines! stupid 'lil me, eh?

I'm going to let you in on a secret: If you google any vehicle you'll find a laundry list of issues.

STOP! Wild, right?!

Makes it exceedingly difficult to determine if they are statistically significant or not, despite how good one is at plugging in a vehicle's name into that google search box.

Luckily, since I'm friends with the owner of the dealership, I just ask him, and he tells me, quite openly, if something has been problematic or not. If this vehicle was a concern, he wouldn't have even let me take it out, it would have been "no, they haven't got these sorted yet, look at a 1500". There have been a few TSB's and software updates for it, like there were with the DT 1500 (we have an extremely early build DT 1500), but nothing wildly unusual for a new vehicle.

Thanks for the time taken to outline your profound insight and personal experience with the vehicle in question however, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm not a huge fan of the styling of them, but if it suits their needs and is what they want, more power to them! (y)

I do see the bigger vehicle becoming a problem (length wise) as they get older just seeing how my grandparents are. Their vision/hearing is not good, and they are bigger people. They have settled on some CUVs that seem to fit their needs well. They are higher off the ground so easier for them to get into at 80 years old, and they aren't as long as say my grandpa's truck used to be, so easier navigating them through parking lots and tight spaces.

Thanks Mr. Tips with 50 posts, guess I completely forgot about the existence of search engines! stupid 'lil me, eh?

I'm going to let you in on a secret: If you google any vehicle you'll find a laundry list of issues.

STOP! Wild, right?!

Makes it exceedingly difficult to determine if they are statistically significant or not, despite how good one is at plugging in a vehicle's name into that google search box.

Luckily, since I'm friends with the owner of the dealership, I just ask him, and he tells me, quite openly, if something has been problematic or not. If this vehicle was a concern, he wouldn't have even let me take it out, it would have been "no, they haven't got these sorted yet, look at a 1500". There have been a few TSB's and software updates for it, like there were with the DT 1500 (we have an extremely early build DT 1500), but nothing wildly unusual for a new vehicle.

Thanks for the time taken to outline your profound insight and personal experience with the vehicle in question however, it is greatly appreciated.
Hey buddy….Extinguish the flames. I mean you no disrespect. What in the world? Appropriately named i suppose. Mr. 50 posts? What? Ouch. Lol give me a break cheif.

I saw one last night in the wild.
White with a front and rear black out sections..
It really does look ungainly on the road. No grace at all and rather frumpy looking going down the road.

I was beside it and the drivetrain noise was very loud and it appeared to be in a high rpm band even though it was cruising at around 50 mph. Not sure if that was the driver doing that or the norm.

I like bigger vehicles but this has no grace and the styling is a fail.
It just doesn't look good.

Back