2022 Hyundai Palisade 5w30 Oil

Your manual states that ACEA A3 may be used. In my Hyundai I use ACEA A3/4 Full synthetic. The brand you use is up to you and what makes feel you warm and fuzzy.

Hyundai informed me in an email that they have no preference on mineral oil, semi synthetic or full synthetic if the oil meets the specifications.

For the price difference I would use full synthetic, in my case 5w30 Castrol Edge.

IMO the days of conventional oil are just about over for a variety of reason, mainly value per dollar. Run synthetic and don't look back.

My wife’s vehicle is a 22 palisade with the 3.8.
I did the first oil change with pennzoil platinum 5w30 @ 3800 miles just before a 1200 mile family vacation.
I just ordered some of the duramax 5w30 full synthetic from grainger. If i get it it will be 1.89/qt for 6 gallons. (Back order)
Since the owners manual says
“you are able to use API SM & ILSAC GF-4 (or above) or ACEA3”
I would think they would give too much trouble if i used the duramax oil
API SP (Approved)
ILSAC GF-6A (Approved)
The oil change will be 4-5k in between the Hyundai maintenance which will be run 4-5k
Hyundai will not change the oil before 1 year or 7500 miles.
If I figure out I shouldn’t use it in the Hyundai I will just use it in the 21’ F150 5.0

My wife’s vehicle is a 22 palisade with the 3.8.
I did the first oil change with pennzoil platinum 5w30 @ 3800 miles just before a 1200 mile family vacation.
I just ordered some of the duramax 5w30 full synthetic from grainger. If i get it it will be 1.89/qt for 6 gallons. (Back order)
Since the owners manual says
“you are able to use API SM & ILSAC GF-4 (or above) or ACEA3”
I would think they would give too much trouble if i used the duramax oil
API SP (Approved)
ILSAC GF-6A (Approved)
The oil change will be 4-5k in between the Hyundai maintenance which will be run 4-5k
Hyundai will not change the oil before 1 year or 7500 miles.
If I figure out I shouldn’t use it in the Hyundai I will just use it in the 21’ F150 5.0

I have the same thing coming for my Palisade & Bronco. Hoping I get the Dexos rated version when it arrives.

IMHO C2 oils can be a good choice as well with that 5K miles OCI. Those are usually 'Euro' 0w-30 oils and also MB229.52 compliant.

1660238414589.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same thing coming for my Palisade & Bronco. Hoping I get the Dexos rated version when it arrives.

The grainger picture shows the dexos version but honestly either of the 5w30 synthetic versions seem like they will be appropriate for my applications.

I would buy the 0w20 for my kia rio 5
But i have way too much 5w20 RGT that was free to justify buying any more “20wt” oil. I realize the 5w20 is not the grade in the owners manual. My climate wouldn’t ever require a “zero” for cold starts.

Back