2022 FORD Maverick hybrid long term review ...

Ford’s been making, essentially, this Hybrid for almost 20 years…..escape, Fusion. Tremendous reliability and functionality. Thanks for the informative video!
I've seen several Ford Escape Hybrid NYC taxis for sale with over 400K miles.

Yes, with many licensed patents that point directly back to Toyota; so good news there..
IIRC there are a couple of patents that point the other direction. Toyota and Ford have worked well together over the last 20 years.

After 16 months of owning the Hybrid Maverick, the hybrid in the Toyota Venza I owned was so similar. The Ford version is quieter on acceleration, it is not GDI like the Toyota. Might be even quieter if I quit using Mobil 1. ;) The switching between Electric and ICE smoothness is very similar, with the nod going to Toyota. There are more troubling things about the Maverick than the powertrain. I'm talking teething issues that do not seem major, although Ford is having difficulty solving problems or the parts are N/A.

I want to like the Maverick, but the market is under supplied kind of on purpose. Ford knows it’s a hit and will squeeze it for as long as they can until Toyota gets smart with its Stout truck plans if they ever come to fruition. I am skeptical.

Back