2022 BMW X5 B58 Factory oil 0w-20 5196 miles

I have no idea how this post will turn out.
first time trying since the board updates.

with a TBN of 1.8 I don't see how this oil will last 10000 miles?
was refilled with BMW LL 17 twin turbo oil.
I have no idea who made the tested oil.

Blackstone has a since of humor

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Looks normal for a brand new engine. Oil has retained viscosity. Personally I would wait on doing more UOA's until it has been fully broken-in.

As for TBN it depends on what the starting TBN is of the factory fill. Going to be almost impossible to obtain that information.

Looks normal for a brand new engine. Oil has retained viscosity. Personally I would wait on doing more UOA's until it has been fully broken-in.

As for TBN it depends on what the starting TBN is of the factory fill. Going to be almost impossible to obtain that information.

To add to what you stated. TBN depletion is not a linear function. That 1.8 could remain above 1 for quite some mileage to come.

To add to what you stated. TBN depletion is not a linear function. That 1.8 could remain above 1 for quite some mileage to come.
While quite true BMW $$$$$
Oil $$
On turbo GDI 5-6k miles is the max (for me) unless I had good UOA proof on my exact vehicle.

Last edited:
Tbn got low and truth be told I wouldn't screw with it since it's a new bmw. Change it more frequently. Cleanliness becomes an issue too.

While quite true BMW $$$$$
Oil $$
On turbo GDI 5-6k miles is the max (for me) unless I had good UOA proof on my exact vehicle.

If it were my B58 I would be doing 5k with new filter OCI's for the life of the vehicle. 2020-2022 X5 is my dream car. I also have the same sentiment concerning OCI with Ford Ecoboost 3.5 and 2.7. These engines can be supurb but they do require consistent lower mile OCI's IMHO anyway.

Back