2021 STX F-150

No worries, thanks for posting. Everyone else should just calm down.

For everyone getting lit about the sticker MSRP, did you ever think that maybe the wrong sticker was affixed to the window? It’s not uncommon for that to happen. Dealers figure this out once they add the vehicle to inventory. Dealer just reprints a new one...
😳😳😳😳
🤣🤣🤣🤣

reprint factory window stickers

maybe I have heard it all

c’mon man !!!
Don’t drink the kool-aid !!👎👎👎

Can you even imagine the legal ramifications for reprinting window stickers that’s false against the VIN number 😳🤨🤔

Crazy stuff !

Last edited:
...dealers reprint window stickers all the time. In many states it’s illegal to sell a new vehicle without one. They get damaged and lost quite often. I’ve had window stickers reprinted in the past. I bought a special event car from GM about a decade ago and it didn’t have a window sticker. Told the dealer I wanted it, and it arrived at the dealership about week later.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new, man.

...dealers reprint window stickers all the time. In many states it’s illegal to sell a new vehicle without one. They get damaged and lost quite often. I’ve had window stickers reprinted in the past. I bought a special event car from GM about a decade ago and it didn’t have a window sticker. Told the dealer I wanted it, and it arrived at the dealership about week later.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new, man.
No they don’t against the VIN number
Surly you not that asinine

They may reprint a copy of the original

but they can not alter the original

That’s against the LAW !!!!

My God how crazy !!!!! Can you think that’s ok !!

The Ford dealership that my son works at received a shipment of new 2021 F-150's today. A man and his wife were looking over the lot and spotted this one on the trailer and bought it. It's a 2021 STX F-150 4-door, Eco-Boost, with all the goodies. My son couldn't take a pic of the sticker price. He said it was $56,333.72. OUCH! I just thought I would share the new look F-150's with BITOG. I like 'em! :)View attachment 36330
Looks amazing !!!

Good buy !!👍👍

Amazingly, it is possible to spec out an STX truck that stickers at over 55k. I couldn't get it to over 56k though.

That being said, there are several features in that setup that this truck does not appear to have, like running boards, tow hooks, and towing mirrors...

The XLT is the volume seller and the one you will find the most of on the dealer lots nationally. The XL is the work truck level, but the STX packaging on the XL tends to deliver a lower frills truck with the exterior appearance of some of the higher dollar trim levels.

As others have pointed out, there is a huge difference, particularly on the XL and XLT trim levels on the actual price paid versus the sticker. My example (admittedly a few years old) is my truck stickered at near 52k, but actual price was roughly 37.5k before taxes and such. Same dealer has a 21 STX near 50k, but selling price is 41k today. Their 21 XLT's have stickers starting at 54k, but the retail prices are 42k and up...

Amazingly, it is possible to spec out an STX truck that stickers at over 55k. I couldn't get it to over 56k though.

That being said, there are several features in that setup that this truck does not appear to have, like running boards, tow hooks, and towing mirrors...

The XLT is the volume seller and the one you will find the most of on the dealer lots nationally. The XL is the work truck level, but the STX packaging on the XL tends to deliver a lower frills truck with the exterior appearance of some of the higher dollar trim levels.

As others have pointed out, there is a huge difference, particularly on the XL and XLT trim levels on the actual price paid versus the sticker. My example (admittedly a few years old) is my truck stickered at near 52k, but actual price was roughly 37.5k before taxes and such. Same dealer has a 21 STX near 50k, but selling price is 41k today. Their 21 XLT's have stickers starting at 54k, but the retail prices are 42k and up...
Thank You Sir. ;)
You have explained it exceptionally well! Your words are what I was thinking, somewhat, but couldn't figure out quite how to type it. It's either too much of "Burning down the forest" in my teens :censored: , or, I'm getting too old. :confused:

It's high prices like these that make me happy to keep my 2014 F-150. The Ford's are looking more like the Chevy's and Dodges all the time. Too bad they could just put a different badge on the grill and all use the same front end parts and bumpers, headlights, hoods etc. It would sure make parts less expensive.

I just checked Autotrader and you can buy a nice new 2020 F-150 4x4 crew cab for $40,000. It appears Ford takes a lot of money off the sticker prices. Tons of nice used ones with less than 5000 miles on them for under $40,000. I imagine you can still lease a new one for $299 per month for many years too. :cry:

My brother bought this new 2019 STX 4X4. His has the 6.5' bed, V8 and tow mirrors. The sticker is overly inflated on purpose so the manufacture and dealers can take thousands off the sticker price and make the buyer feel like they are getting a deal and most of the time, they are.

What the new truck pricing scheme does is make those who don't know any better over pay for a late model used truck.

View attachment 36334
Quad cab AND the 6.5’ bed? Did they bring that combo back? in ‘18, that wasn’t an option?

m

I just checked Autotrader and you can buy a nice new 2020 F-150 4x4 crew cab for $40,000. It appears Ford takes a lot of money off the sticker prices. Tons of nice used ones with less than 5000 miles on them for under $40,000. I imagine you can still lease a new one for $299 per month for many years too. :cry:
A lot of those sticker prices are nonsense. Very few people would be willing to pay that price. My caravan sticker price was over 38k back in 2015 and with rebates I got it for 24,444 before taxes.

Nice trucks and they are in demand. Wait a while and get some incentives In a few more months.

The Ford dealership that my son works at received a shipment of new 2021 F-150's today. A man and his wife were looking over the lot and spotted this one on the trailer and bought it. It's a 2021 STX F-150 4-door, Eco-Boost, with all the goodies. My son couldn't take a pic of the sticker price. He said it was $56,333.72. OUCH! I just thought I would share the new look F-150's with BITOG. I like 'em! :)View attachment 36330
I actually like the face of the 2018 better personally, BUT the useless headlamp assemblies are an embarrassment to everything automotive. Hopefully these larger units on the 21 shown might actually put light on the road in its own lane. I’m not sure about others, but in mine the backs of the lamps softened before the glue did, so the projector retrofit I tried was a “mess,” and not likely to be successful for many.

Don't complain about truck prices, they will just get higher next year. Just give plasma and work a second job to come up with the money. Stretch out that financing term as long as possible. Feeding your family is over rated. They can survive on less food. Stop heating your house so much, it just needs to be above freezing so you don't ruin the pipes.

Don't complain about truck prices, they will just get higher next year. Just give plasma and work a second job to come up with the money. Stretch out that financing term as long as possible. Feeding your family is over rated. They can survive on less food. Stop heating your house so much, it just needs to be above freezing so you don't ruin the pipes.
People don't need a new truck every 2-3 years. If people started keeping their vehicles longer and desired reliability and functionally over the latest gizmo and oversize electronic screen then prices would drop and manufactures would go back to building quality instead of brittle appliances designed to fail immediately after the warranty period. So just buy older used trucks for a good price and stick it to the industry until things change.

People don't need a new truck every 2-3 years. If people started keeping their vehicles longer and desired reliability and functionally over the latest gizmo and oversize electronic screen then prices would drop and manufactures would go back to building quality instead of brittle appliances designed to fail immediately after the warranty period. So just buy older used trucks for a good price and stick it to the industry until things change.

You are right...I don't need a truck every two to three years. It's a "want". I guess I am part of the problem.

Here is the rub-with insane trade in prices-if you don't mind always having a payment-you can drive a new truck for a few dollars more than the one you are currently driving. Just so you understand that is how frequent trading works.

You are right...I don't need a truck every two to three years. It's a "want". I guess I am part of the problem.

Here is the rub-with insane trade in prices-if you don't mind always having a payment-you can drive a new truck for a few dollars more than the one you are currently driving. Just so you understand that is how frequent trading works.
Every year GMC comes out with a newly revised front end, I want one. GMC has always been my favorite brand of truck. Anyone can own a Chevy.

Back