Tire brand supplier change on 2021 F-150's.

Happened to notice on the 2021 F-150's that there has been a big shake up in the supplier of tires.

All of the 2021's that I've seen so far are shod with Pirelli (white letters) or Hankook (blackwall).

Seems like 8 out of 10 of the 2020 F-150's came with Goodyears, with the balance being picked up by Hankook or Michelin.

Of course, I was a bit shocked when my Aunt's $85,000 2019 Lincoln Navigator Reserve came with Hankooks.... but things like that shouldn't surprise me anymore. Pirelli and Hankook must have come up with some good pricing, and got Ford's attention.

Of course, you still don't see many Firestone tires on new Fords... after all these years. ;)

Nearly every F150 and F250 we receive at work has Michelins from the factory. And we get a ton of new trucks every year. Of course, all our trucks are on small wheels (17" on the F150's.)

I'll take it a step further - place I bought my F150 from has 53 F150's available - 1/2 are on Michelins, 1/4 on Goodyears, and the 15% on Hankooks, and 10% on Pirelli's. The goodyears are on the Sport models with All Terrain Tires (Typically FX4), The Hankooks on 20" Sport Wheels, and the Pirelli's on the high end stuff.

Not exactly earth shattering in terms of a shift...

Last edited:
Nearly every F150 and F250 we receive at work has Michelins from the factory. And we get a ton of new trucks every year. Of course, all our trucks are on small wheels (17" on the F150's.)

I'll take it a step further - place I bought my F150 from has 53 F150's available - 1/2 are on Michelins, 1/4 on Goodyears, and the 15% on Hankooks, and 10% on Pirelli's. The goodyears are on the Sport models with All Terrain Tires (Typically FX4), The Hankooks on 20" Sport Wheels, and the Pirelli's on the high end stuff.

Not exactly earth shattering in terms of a shift...

I'm only referring to 2021's. I haven't seen a Goodyear on a 2021 yet, at 2 Ford dealers.

Ford has used Hankook tires on the F150 dating back to the 2008 models, to my knowledge.

Happened to notice on the 2021 F-150's that there has been a big shake up in the supplier of tires.

All of the 2021's that I've seen so far are shod with Pirelli (white letters) or Hankook (blackwall).

Seems like 8 out of 10 of the 2020 F-150's came with Goodyears, with the balance being picked up by Hankook or Michelin.

Of course, I was a bit shocked when my Aunt's $85,000 2019 Lincoln Navigator Reserve came with Hankooks.... but things like that shouldn't surprise me anymore. Pirelli and Hankook must have come up with some good pricing, and got Ford's attention.

Of course, you still don't see many Firestone tires on new Fords... after all these years. ;)

Starting with the 2005 Mustang Ford and Pirelli have had a close relationship designing specific tires to meet specific Ford design goals. The new Pirelli on the '21 F150 is the first of the Pirelli next generation tire they collaborated on. It will give birth to other sizes in the future that Pirelli will market but at this time they are an F150 exclusive.

Hankook entered into a similar program with Ford starting with the 2015. The 20" ATM All Terrain Tire was the result of their collaboration.

I’ve seen a lot of pirellis scorpions on early-teens f150s. My ‘18 had hankooks on 20s. trucks with 18” wheels seemed to predominantly be Michelin at that time.

the hankooks balanced insanely well and handled wonderfully when dry. They came up short when wet, and wet grass was kryptonite.

I replaced the 20” hankooks with 18” take-off wheels and continental ATs and have been very pleased with continental’s first attempt at light-duty AT.

Back