2021 STX F-150

The Ford dealership that my son works at received a shipment of new 2021 F-150's today. A man and his wife were looking over the lot and spotted this one on the trailer and bought it. It's a 2021 STX F-150 4-door, Eco-Boost, with all the goodies. My son couldn't take a pic of the sticker price. He said it was $56,333.72. OUCH! I just thought I would share the new look F-150's with BITOG. I like 'em! :)
2021.jpg

Still a nice and fancy truck. I Prefer an XL with a few convenience items like heated and electric mirrors radio? A/C is standard it seems. I like white. It is a better value that the same price car and the buyer should have gotten some what of a price reduction.

No way the pictured vehicle is stickered at $56k. An STX should sticker for around $44k. With incentives, can be bought for well under $40k, unless it's 4x4.

And no, sorry that truck doesn't have all the goodies. An STX is about one step above the lowest trim offering, a regular XL. Its essentially a base model with some extras, which is no doubt their volume seller.

No way the pictured vehicle is stickered at $56k. An STX should sticker for around $44k. With incentives, can be bought for well under $40k, unless it's 4x4.

And no, sorry that truck doesn't have all the goodies. An STX is about one step above the lowest trim offering, a regular XL. Its essentially a base model with some extras, which is no doubt their volume seller.
Man, I have NO IDEA! I was just posting what my son text me. I have heard that new vehicles have 3 sticker prices. Maybe this is the higher one of the 3? 🤷‍♂️ :unsure:
Are you a car salesman?

not a salesman, but I've been wanting an F-150 for several years. I shop them online from time to time. I just can't convince myself I need one.

I spec'd out a '21 F-150 XL and can't even get it to 50k.

not a salesman, but I've been wanting an F-150 for several years. I shop them online from time to time. I just can't convince myself I need one.

I spec'd out a '21 F-150 XL and can't even get it to 50k.
Man, if you want my sons cell number, PM me. I just received his text and am posting what he text me. Maybe IT IS a 4X4? I can call him and ask. Would that make you feel better?

I'm not worried about it lol. $56k just seems outrageous for something with unpainted side mirrors and door handles.

I'm not worried about it lol. $56k just seems outrageous for something with unpainted side mirrors and door handles.
I'm sorry if the price seems wrong. Maybe he can ask the sales manager tomorrow to see the sticker price? I don't know what else to say? He is currently in OTJT and being sent to school by Ford to become a tech. Whenever he sees something interesting at work he texts me. This appealed to him and here you have it on BITOG. I'm very sorry, but that's everything I know.

Thought their volume seller was the XLT?

I configured a "fairly loaded" STX 4X4 and got to $49K. The only way $56K was achievable was with dealer add-on's and markup, imo.

My brother bought this new 2019 STX 4X4. His has the 6.5' bed, V8 and tow mirrors. The sticker is overly inflated on purpose so the manufacture and dealers can take thousands off the sticker price and make the buyer feel like they are getting a deal and most of the time, they are.

What the new truck pricing scheme does is make those who don't know any better over pay for a late model used truck.

ford-truck.jpg

My brother bought this new 2019 STX 4X4. His has the 6.5' bed, V8 and tow mirrors. The sticker is overly inflated on purpose so the manufacture and dealers can take thousands off the sticker price and make the buyer feel like they are getting a deal and most of the time, they are.

What the new truck pricing scheme does is make those who don't know any better over pay for a late model used truck.
Agreed. I was set to purchase an ex-rental F-150 5.0 4x4 for about $30K when I decided to start shopping for Rams. I did not need 4wd anyway, and found a new Ram for $33K ($46K MSRP). The same truck is probably $36-$37K today due to the current price environment, though.

Thought their volume seller was the XLT?

I configured a "fairly loaded" STX 4X4 and got to $49K. The only way $56K was achievable was with dealer add-on's and markup, imo.
It might depend on location. In south Texas, I see mainly STX packaged XLs. This seems to be the majority of what dealers keep on hand, too. STX is basically "nice enough" and not too expensive. Just my observations.

I'm sorry if the price seems wrong. Maybe he can ask the sales manager tomorrow to see the sticker price? I don't know what else to say? He is currently in OTJT and being sent to school by Ford to become a tech. Whenever he sees something interesting at work he texts me. This appealed to him and here you have it on BITOG. I'm very sorry, but that's everything I know.

No worries, thanks for posting. Everyone else should just calm down.

For everyone getting lit about the sticker MSRP, did you ever think that maybe the wrong sticker was affixed to the window? It’s not uncommon for that to happen. Dealers figure this out once they add the vehicle to inventory. Dealer just reprints a new one...

Back