2021 mid-cycle refresh Ridgeline

Why all the RAGE towards the Ridgeline?

Lol, that's just the way its always been. You either think its actually a reasonable version of a truck for a lot of people or hate it with blind raging fury because it doesn't have a frame and the engine is installed the wrong way driving primarily the wrong wheels.

I think its an Accord that I'll be able to haul reasonable amounts of mulch from Home Depot in and the small amount of building materials I need to maintain my house. And I'll be able to drive it back and forth to work without thinking twice about it. Unlike some of my officers that drive fullsize trucks that don't haul or tow anything and live 30 miles away. Add to that tossing the family in it when we need to go somewhere to keep miles off my TL and its pretty much win across the board for my use.

Last edited:
I like the new design. People that own a Ridgeline almost always like them. The people that bash them complain about "body on frame" and then compare them to an F150 or Dodge 1500. It's a midsize truck and shouldn't be compared to a full size truck. Honda tells you what the Ridgeline will tow and haul so if you need more than their specs look elsewhere.

I like mine a lot. It does everything I need and does it well. But the continual bashing by people that have never used one gets old.

And people that like them REALLY like them. The used market around here has plenty of one owner examples....with 200-250+k miles on them. They drive the wheels off of them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was looking for a used one but the price was so close to a new truck price I bought new. I had to drive to another state and get a black one because there were none nearby in the trim level I wanted. I didn't want black, that was all that was available.

Why all the RAGE towards the Ridgeline?

Simple the back of the original was way too small but more importantly they use a unibody which is nowhere near strong enough for anything but grocery getting. It may be okay for some things but come on guys a truck it isn't and never will be. Small trucks are cool but this abomination isn't one of them, other vehicles of this type are long gone, the Baja and the VW rabbit "trucks" were big failures.

Simple the back of the original was way too small but more importantly they use a unibody which is nowhere near strong enough for anything but grocery getting. It may be okay for some things but come on guys a truck it isn't and never will be. Small trucks are cool but this abomination isn't one of them, other vehicles of this type are long gone, the Baja and the VW rabbit "trucks" were big failures.
Trav, let's get real.

The Ridgeline is more truck than most truck owners actually need and/or use.

I do more with my Atlas and trailer than most truck owners.

Trav, let's get real.

The Ridgeline is more truck than most truck owners actually need and/or use.

I do more with my Atlas and trailer than most truck owners.

Each to their own I guess. When I think of a truck its a minimum of a full frame rwd or 4wd with heavy springs and a 8 ft bed.
I don't own a truck anymore as I have no need of one but when I did I used it to carry heavy things and never drove it in place of a bike or car.

....more importantly they use a unibody which is nowhere near strong enough for anything but grocery getting....

Now that is a ridiculous statement.

P.S. Whenever I drive by the supermarket the parking lot is filled with crew cab 1/2-ton and 3/4 ton pickups doing their "grocery getting".

Honda has never broken the 40,000 units A YEAR NUMBER since the Ridgeline came out.

Ford or GM sells more pickups in a month than Honda sells in a year.

So yea-the market place has spoken in regards to needs/or wants in regards to a pickup truck.

Now that is a ridiculous statement.

P.S. Whenever I drive by the supermarket the parking lot is filled with crew cab 1/2-ton and 3/4 ton pickups doing their "grocery getting".

I honestly don't see how that is ridiculous, think about it when a pickup bed is damaged it is no big deal remove it and either replace or repair it you cant do that with this. The large side panels are like huge rear quarter panels, it is going to be very difficult to repair them.
Comparing it to an SUV is crazy, they have more support and body rigidity.

Hey look, if you guys want to call it a truck then have at it, you like it you buy it I gave my opinion, to me it sucks in every way. If I need a truck I go to HD and rent one, use it and give it back, it cost me $30 for the hour I need it and a small amount of fuel and I am done with it. I don't need to fix it, feed it, insure it or buy it.

Last edited:
Talking about trucks is always interesting. 😆

"Yeah bro....my lifted 3/4 ton is unstoppable man. I just drove to Bed Bath & Beyond and filled up my bed with my wife's purchases. It handled it well."

Back