2021 mid-cycle refresh Ridgeline

HUGE improvement. The front end is actually exciting in my eyes and no longer has that aggressive sloping front end that made it look weird.

That would fulfill all my requirements of a small pickup, without the gas mileage penalty that comes with a "real" truck.

Let me play Devil's advocate. In many ways this truck is a much better choice than all the full size and mid size trucks, which are bloated and overrated. If you're towing and need the full size capacity that is one thing, but not everyone does. The ride quality is excellent and the AWD system is great. AWD (a good one) is preferred to a 4WD system unless you're doing serious off-roading.

Last edited:
I liked everything about the Ridgeline except that it’s FWD/FWD based AWD. That immediately got it thrown off the list for me.

Honda is filling a niche here and it is working out for them. They could have just designed and built another pickup like everyone else and it would probably fail. Here they are targeting the suburban consumer who wants the function of a pickup to haul plants or bags of mulch or other light duty tasks. With the comfort inside to haul a family and a AWD system for inclement weather conditions it is a winner.

Now, when does the turbo V6 make an appearance? Wouldn't doubt that Honda being Honda, they designed the new TL motor to fit/work across the product lineup, especially in the SUV/Trucks. Next year should see a Turbo MDX, maybe the year after that will be the turbo Ridgeline/Pilot.

Not cool enough to upgrade.

New front end may look cooler but Il bet it doesn't work as well at 80MPH.

Super happy with my 17 - prob best all around vehicle Ive ever owned.

Way better than my half ton.

Guys with no experience opinions mean nothing.

If I needed a truck, it would be the truck I'd buy.

Yep, a used Ridgeline is what I have slated to replace my Accord here in a year or so. I need something to pull a small trailer back and forth from Home Depot and to drive back and forth to work. For my usage, it makes the most sense. Especially since I'm comfortable maintaining the J Series motors I already own and tons of the parts are interchangeable. One oil, one oil filter, one transmission fluid, one antifreze, etc...

Back