2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XSE ... Oh Yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 in XSE trim level, two tone paint and looking rather bad arse for a hybrid !!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Yours?

Congrats!

Nope. But if I do a new RAV4, that's going to be the color scheme and trim.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I'd do white or silver with those black rims
grin2.gif

+1

Hopefully not an Android owner. This vehicle supports only Apple Car play oddly. My nice moved on simply for that fact. Sounds little however the integration is nice for decent mapping and audio stuff, I love Apple Car Play in our VW and niece loves the Android Auto when she uses to cart our kids.

My '18 Equinox has 7" ground clearance, and this RAV4 has 8.5", and the fact that it still gets 40 MPG (hybrid), with that awful aero (ground clearance raises CD), is amazing.
'19 Outback has 8.7" by comparison.
People will think its a mini Tacoma station wagon off-roader.
In fact, how hard would it be for Toyota to cut it to a pickup truck shape, complete with bed, and keep all else on the hybrid. A very nice PU utility delivery truck for the city & suburbs, and off-roaders would love it.

Last edited:
Did you drive it?

You really should. They drive much differently (and better) than the non-hybrid versions.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Did you drive it?

You really should. They drive much differently (and better) than the non-hybrid versions.

I do t think he is interested in driving it yet. That will be in thread #3 or 4 of this saga.

I agree LoneRanger, she looks pretty bad arse! Again, i'm a big fan of the new Rav4 looks.

The hybrids do in fact, drive better than the non-hybrids... Much like the 2018 Camry SE Hybrid I have.

The gas only version has much more lag in the throttle response. The basically instantaneous torque coupled with the same exact engine as the gas-only model makes it more fun to drive. Plus, better MPG to boot. I enjoy my 40+ MPG in mixed driving, especially compared to a Prius which can't compare in terms of fun. Camry, fun? Yeah, I said it.

New Rav 4's look really nice. It would have been my choice but when I got my car it was just like a month before the redesign hit lots, and I had no time to spare (previous car totaled).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Did you drive it?

I do t think he is interested in driving it yet. That will be in thread #3 or 4 of this saga.

19.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
Did you drive it?

lol.gif

The only thing that bugs me about this version, is that the fender flares look like they belong on a vehicle with much smaller wheelwells. It's like they tacked these undersized flares on, because they didn't have the right size.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Soccer moms cruising malls in this thing will look like BAD MAMBA-JAMBAS !

01.gif

Nearly all the women where I work drive SUVs/CUVs. The men have just about anything you could name: pickups, hot rods, sport coupes, sedans ...

Originally Posted by MrMoody
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Soccer moms cruising malls in this thing will look like BAD MAMBA-JAMBAS !

01.gif

Nearly all the women where I work drive SUVs/CUVs. The men have just about anything you could name: pickups, hot rods, sport coupes, sedans ...

In relation to comments regarding RAV4 as a chick car. Keep in mind I've been driving a Subaru Forester for going on 11 yrs now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by dishdude
I'd do white or silver with those black rims
grin2.gif

+1

Hopefully not an Android owner. This vehicle supports only Apple Car play oddly. My nice moved on simply for that fact. Sounds little however the integration is nice for decent mapping and audio stuff, I love Apple Car Play in our VW and niece loves the Android Auto when she uses to cart our kids.

Wait, what?

Can I still bluetooth my Android phone to this car for hands-free Google Maps navigation and hands-free phone calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back