2019 Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Im looking to do first oil change on Sienna. It is recommended 0w20 or 5w20 and total needs 5.8 qts.

I picked up Castrol Magnatec 0w20 5 qts, and i still do have new 5 qts Mobil 5000 5w30 in garage.

Should i mix them or should i pick up another 0w20 5qts?

Im pretty sure 99% will say use them haha
Thanks

Last edited:
The next most important procedure after doing a proper oil change is documenting it. Write the VIN#, date and mileage on the receipts and store in a safe, cool dry space. Also consider updating the maintenance info to Carfax which you can.

Originally Posted by Pete
Are you sure of the capacity? You need 5.8 quarts (I have an '18).

I'd buy a quart of each of those oils and use them sequentially.

You are right. Some what online resource says that amount. But i just looked manual and 5.8 is correct

Currently all my vehicles uses 0w20, so if i dont use then this 5w30 going to recycle center since i wont be using it for years.

you can top off with 5w30 no problem.

just next time get an extra 5qt jug to keep in your stash. that will be good for 5 oil changes or 50,000 miles if you fillow the factory OCI.

Since you are in Texas I would use 5 qt jug 0w20 and one qt of 5w30. You could always use the 5w30 on lawn equipment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by s2krunner
Hello all,

Im looking to do first oil change on Sienna. It is recommended 0w20 or 5w20 and total needs 5.8 qts.

I picked up Castrol Magnatec 0w20 5 qts, and i still do have new 5 qts Mobil 5000 5w30 in garage.

Should i mix them or should i pick up another 0w20 5qts?

Im pretty sure 99% will say use them haha
Thanks

I strictly use in my SIenna 5W30.
Those engines can run pretty much anything, and your manual does not say that you MUST stick to 0W20.
Same engines in Europe are recommended for 5W30 ACEA C3, which are borderline 5W40 oils.

Why not just use it? It's not like your engines gonna blow up. Use the 5qts of 5w30 to 1qt of 0w20, you'll end up with a thin Xw30 (probably around a 9cSt 100c kv since it's a 10.3cSt unadulterated) or thick Xw20 at worst.

Just use the 5w30, the engine will not know the difference.
My Tacoma runs great on 5w30,10w30 and 0w40

Same engine in a longitudal set up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back