2019 Ford 6.7 FF UOA

Hello, long time reader and first time poster here. Attached is a UOA of the factory fill in my 2019 F250 with the 6.7. I will post the rest of the reports when I get them back from Blackstone as the truck has almost 15k miles now.

Welcome

Looks kind of normal for FF. I think you will see the numbers start to normalize after 2 or 3 changes.

Thanks for contributing.

Welcome

Looks kind of normal for FF. I think you will see the numbers start to normalize after 2 or 3 changes.

Thanks for contributing.
Thank you BeerCan, I’ve been following your reports and considering going back to a 15w40 myself. I’m in Tampa Fl so cold weather is not a concern. I collected samples from the motorcraft 15w40 that I ran next and then the Rotella T6 5w40 both with motorcraft filters. I will post those results when I get them back. Currently running valvoline PBE 5w40 with a Donaldson filter. Truck was also deleted just before changing to the valvoline and it sees 50/50 daily driving and towing 15K.

Thank you BeerCan, I’ve been following your reports and considering going back to a 15w40 myself. I’m in Tampa Fl so cold weather is not a concern. I collected samples from the motorcraft 15w40 that I ran next and then the Rotella T6 5w40 both with motorcraft filters. I will post those results when I get them back. Currently running valvoline PBE 5w40 with a Donaldson filter. Truck was also deleted just before changing to the valvoline and it sees 50/50 daily driving and towing 15K.
yeah no problem with 15w40 down here. I'm actually real close in Riverview

Hello, long time reader and first time poster here. Attached is a UOA of the factory fill in my 2019 F250 with the 6.7. I will post the rest of the reports when I get them back from Blackstone as the truck has almost 15k miles now.
I'd say, remove the attachment and repost it without your personal information.

Why is the flashpoint so high. Motorcraft 10w30 is around 445F virgin. Think maybe just an error on blackstones part?

02B0EBD3-2BD0-47D2-BF11-DF84425E33D3.jpeg

2,100 mi.? I do realize its the factory fill but all of my new powerstrokes have went out to either 0% on the IOLM or maximum interval pre IOLM, without issue.

2,100 mi.? I do realize its the factory fill but all of my new powerstrokes have went out to either 0% on the IOLM or maximum interval pre IOLM, without issue.
I have no doubt I could’ve taken the IOLM out to 0% without issue. But my use falls under the severe category and I had a long trip towing coming up so I decided to change it out early to a xW-40 oil.

I have no doubt I could’ve taken the IOLM out to 0% without issue. But my use falls under the severe category and I had a long trip towing coming up so I decided to change it out early to a xW-40 oil.
I did similar on mine @ 3750 These first UOA on the 6.7 are always high in copper, iron and silicon it seems. My numbers were 20, 40 and 43 respectively. Going by iolm would probably be fine but early change is fine as well IMO. Iron stayed highish for me for about 20k all the others dropped by 10k. My 2011 behaved similarly except it was a fuel diluter, I suspect the change from 1 bank to 2 on the regen cycle has helped this and my 2017 has not had any significant fuel dilution.

I tow a lot as well, don't know what vehicle you are coming from but if it's your first 6.7 prepare to be happy. I went from a 7.3 to the 6.7 and could not believe the difference.

Good to know. It’s actually the first diesel pickup that I’ve owned and I’m more than impressed. I had a 2014 F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost before this truck and a Silverado 1500 with the 6.2 before that and this 6.7 impresses me every time I pull with it.

Back