2019 F150 5.0 Motorcraft 5w50 6,016 miles

Oil held up well enough I suppose other than the fuel. Truck is tuned on HP tuners on a 93 octane tune. Regularly sees WOT 7100 rpms shifts.

I’m wondering if it’s the nature of the engine or the tune that’s adding the fuel to the oil. So as an experiment I flashed back to the stock tune the same time I changed the oil and will run that for this entire oci. I changed it with Mobil 1 5w50 this time.
44FF63CC-5A34-435B-B330-13463BDEFC58.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What fuel economy are you getting with regular WOT pulls?

Average hand calculated is usually like 14.5. I don’t abuse the truck but will get on it a few times a day after everything is warmed up and it’s safe on the road. The truck has 20x9 wheels with 33x12.50 nitto trail grapplers. Those tires weigh 71lbs a piece and absolutely killed the fuel mileage. Stock wheels and tires I got about 17.5.
Could be just weird seeing manganese. Maybe i dont look at enough uoas
I almost forgot. Ended up getting a free full tank of 87 octane. I dumped 3 big bottles of the Lucas octane booster in to bring up the octane a bit due to the 93 octane tune. I babied it that whole tank.

Average hand calculated is usually like 14.5. I don’t abuse the truck but will get on it a few times a day after everything is warmed up and it’s safe on the road. The truck has 20x9 wheels with 33x12.50 nitto trail grapplers. Those tires weigh 71lbs a piece and absolutely killed the fuel mileage. Stock wheels and tires I got about 17.5.
No judgement from me, just curious. 17.5 makes sense for stock wheels and none babied V8 pickup.

These are dual injected. Port and direct. They tend to get some fuel in the oil.

What tune are you running? These are flex fuel and auto octane from the factory. Most tunes keep this logic and expand on it. Able to run anything from 87-94 octane and up to e85 or any mix in between.

These do like thicker oils but the motorcraft 5w50 is known to shear down fairly quick. I wouldn’t consider it a long interval oil. It’s best for short runs. I would only use it if I got it for cheap. I run mainly 40 grades as 50 grades are hard to come by. I’ve had good success with rotella t6 5w40 and petro Canada 0w40 in my tuned 2018 5.0. I have a mustang intake manifold on mine and it regularly shifts at 7500 rpm. It’s seem almost 7900 but I had my tuner lower it some.

Back