2019 F-150 Pricing

I have been watching the listings for former Hertz rentals. Hertz appears to equip their F-150's as Supercrew 4x4's, 301A pkg and with the 5.0L V8. The original sticker price for this configuration would have been ~$47k.

Most of the used Hertz trucks are priced between $27-$29K with under 30K. Here are two low-mileage examples (only 13k):

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/rent2buy/Ford/2019-Ford-F-150-f676de310a0e0a172e99ee0d64187858.htm
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/certified/Ford/2019-Ford-F-150-a3ef24100a0e0a1720ee2fe318696d40.htm

These prices seem to be decent, especially compared to the KBB numbers. I checked into the price of new ones and most dealers are only discounting new 2019's by $8-$10K and 2020's by $4-$5K.

Thoughts?

What options are missing? IIRC fleet sale buyers have more leverage to option how they want--to make up a bogus example, maybe the stereo doesn't tune AM, or there's no cruise control.

What is the warranty like, and how does it compare to any CPO from the dealer (I'm assuming similar dealership models are CPO)?

Have you shopped tire prices? Maybe you don't care, maybe all tires are closely priced (in your eyes) but I recall truck tires being "pricey" compared to small car tire prices--and often "many" people complain about OEM rubber.

Lastly: is it going to fit into your garage? Even if it does fit, can you work around it--can you put a jack under one side and do a tire rotation? Or is that not a concern (I think you've got a shop someplace else).

Originally Posted by supton
What options are missing? IIRC fleet sale buyers have more leverage to option how they want--to make up a bogus example, maybe the stereo doesn't tune AM, or there's no cruise control.

What is the warranty like, and how does it compare to any CPO from the dealer (I'm assuming similar dealership models are CPO)?

Have you shopped tire prices? Maybe you don't care, maybe all tires are closely priced (in your eyes) but I recall truck tires being "pricey" compared to small car tire prices--and often "many" people complain about OEM rubber.

Lastly: is it going to fit into your garage? Even if it does fit, can you work around it--can you put a jack under one side and do a tire rotation? Or is that not a concern (I think you've got a shop someplace else).

301A option group is the only common option. Some units have a bedliner. Hertz adds a 1/12k warranty but my goal would be to purchase the lowest-mileage unit possible and purchase a separate Ford ESP. Since these are minimally equipped trucks, they all have the 17" wheel option. It is unlikely that any of these trucks will fit in my garage, but it is what it is.

My buddy(last Aug) bought a brand spanking new 2019 F150 4X4, 5.0L/10spd auto, 3.55:1 finla drive etc...
His stickered for $43,000+ and he got it fo $32,000. So, I'd first look into new before used considering the ca$h on the hood.

Those prices don't look good enough for me to want a rental vehicle a bunch of people beat on. You can get pretty good prices on new if you shop around. Less than 3-4 year old trucks looks like a bad deal. You get a used vehicle for most of the price of new. With incentives and financing deals I've seen used cost more than new.

There are still a bunch of 2019's out there (new) and the dealers will soon discount them 10-15k off of sticker. At least, that is typically how things go around here. CA may be different.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
My buddy(last Aug) bought a brand spanking new 2019 F150 4X4, 5.0L/10spd auto, 3.55:1 finla drive etc...
His stickered for $43,000+ and he got it fo $32,000. So, I'd first look into new before used considering the ca$h on the hood.

x2. I have a friend that got a 2019 XLT 302A new for $32000 last October. Stickered for around $50k I think. 2.7/SuperCrew/4x4/Bedliner etc.

Originally Posted by drtyler
There are still a bunch of 2019's out there (new) and the dealers will soon discount them 10-15k off of sticker. At least, that is typically how things go around here. CA may be different.

It seems like the rebates are very region specific - I have asked 3 different dealers within 100 miles and the pricing on the 2019's is right at $10k off msrp.

I was out the door for a little over $10.5k below sticker on my 2019 F-150 back in January before COVID-19. I was very particular about options and colors so that wasn't even a screaming deal. I would think by now any leftover 2019's should be going for $15k off sticker new.

Michael, I would find the truck you want. Email/call the local dealerships. Offer $15K off if it is a 2019. Heck even if it is a 2020.
I believe Ford is offering 0% loans now. That's free money.

I believe my BIL got something like that on a beautiful F150 middle part of last year. Frontier Ford...
I like the V6 engines.

F150

Last edited:
People don't rent a pickup to "beat on it". They rent them to bring home a tv or piece of furniture. Now UHaul etc are a different story.

Note the Hertz trucks typically do not have any tow package and are limited to 5000 lbs towing as a result. The 301A is also fairly utilitarian, which is fine if that is what you are looking for. (Note I drive XL level trucks every day at work, but they are feature added to be close to a 301 level...)

No idea how trucks are prices in CA, but the reality is that in most places, well over 12k off the sticker (and not the before discount line either - 12k off the price including MSRP discounts) is typical for a sale price on XLT, on the lot trucks. That would put you at mid-35... on a brand new truck instead of a rental.

(A few years older, by my 2016 XLT Supercrew with the 302A and a bunch of other add ons stickered at over 50k. I took it out the door at a hair over 37.) The XLT's are the heaviest discounted trucks in the lineup.

Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper

x2. I have a friend that got a 2019 XLT 302A new for $32000 last October. Stickered for around $50k I think. 2.7/SuperCrew/4x4/Bedliner etc.

Yeah indeed!
MY buddy got:

Spray-in bed liner
Aluminum hinged tonneau cover
Tow hitch
& more. All of which IDK!
Difference is, he had to order from the factory 'cause he only wanted the standard cab & box. The the truck is beautiful with the Pearl Red Paint, nice interior and beautiful wheels. I mean $43K($32K), it has a lot of stuff.

Like someone mentioned:
What gives the rental F150's away is the lack of a receiver hitch. Maybe wiring, too?

Also, 301A package used to include Sirius but I'd be sure that wasn't deleted as a part of the special ordering.

Agree check configuration closely, seen some oddly optioned rental cars, They can delete std equipment for example have seen GM without onstar even when it was standard, VW without backup cams...

You might be able to pull the window sticker if you get on a ford dealer sight and find one with a link to the sticker, then change the VIN in the URL, this has worked for me in the past.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder

You might be able to pull the window sticker if you get on a Ford dealer site and find one with a link to the sticker, then change the VIN in the URL, this has worked for me in the past.

looks like they are onto that and have changed the way the URL works ;(

Still, check closely that it actually has everything a truck bought of the lot would have.

Not a great deal. Ok but when a new 2019 with a 5.0 4x4 crew with a MSRP of 50385 is offered to sale at 34K I will take this over any Hertz offer. I've found nothing special about this Hertz sale off.

Originally Posted by glock19
I was out the door for a little over $10.5k below sticker on my 2019 F-150 back in January before COVID-19. I was very particular about options and colors so that wasn't even a screaming deal. I would think by now any leftover 2019's should be going for $15k off sticker new.

A little more right now.

If you can get the truck you want for tons off and 0% interest for 8 years, it makes zero sense to buy used, unless you are after an older truck.

Back