2019 Audi Q7 advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Kage860
My wife seems pretty decided on a Q7 to replace her Rogue as the new family hauler. (I wish she wanted a japanese minivan but that's a separate issue) I asked the dealer closest to us if they would do a deal at invoice price and the guy seemed pretty agreeable and didn't put up too much of a fight at all
smile.gif
So trying to get our ducks in order we contacted our credit union and they offer 2.5% financing. Next I have to see what they will offer for my Jeep on a trade in. And on forums I see they will try to sell me a maintenance package and extended warranty? Is this worth it on a high dollar German car? Otherwise I would probably buy castrol 5w-40 and a Hengsk filter and a fluid extractor? Not very familiar with Audi. What do you knowledgeable guys recommend? Am I missing anything here?

Many Audi's have transitioned away from a dipstick, but the dipstick can be retrofitted. So, to do oil extraction, if you don't have an aftermarket dipstick kit, then you need to find that plug every time. It would use an oil level sensor, which can be slow to respond.

Mann filters are fine. Castrol 0w40 is better than 5w40.

Maintenance package? Might be worth it to save a slight amount of money. Plus, you'll have documented maintenance records, which helps you in case of warranty issues.

Extended warranty? Check your car insurance, they many times offer one for less money, unless it's one of those "lifetime" extended warranties through a different third party.

I am not 100% sure on the Q7 but most Audis without a dipstick still have the tube, they just have a plug in place of the actual dipstick. So you can buy the dipstick and put it in.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
So, to do oil extraction, if you don't have an aftermarket dipstick kit, then you need to find that plug every time.
What do you mean by "need to find that plug every time."?

The plug is always there. You just need to remove it in order to extract oil, and put the plug back in after you're done.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
So, to do oil extraction, if you don't have an aftermarket dipstick kit, then you need to find that plug every time.
What do you mean by "need to find that plug every time."?

The plug is always there. You just need to remove it in order to extract oil, and put the plug back in after you're done.

If it's not something you do every day, so one is bound to forget where it is. If you accidentally lose that plug during an oil change, then you're DOA until you buy a new plug. That plug also blends in, it's not a bright orange piece of plastic like the dipstick, which is noticeable.

[Linked Image]

It's like trying to remember how to reset the maintenance reminder on the dash, it's remembering the sequence of pushing various buttons to reset it. It's something I do every few months and it's something that I always forget how to do.

Last edited:
If it's not something you do every day, so one is bound to forget where it is. If you accidentally lose that plug during an oil change, then you're DOA until you buy a new plug. That plug also blends in, it's not a bright orange piece of plastic like the dipstick, which is noticeable.
Do you often find yourself losing the 710 cap as well? It's also small and black. I mean, come on!

Do you often find yourself losing the 710 cap as well? It's also small and black. I mean, come on!

Audi should be commended for leaving tube in, so one can install dipstick, and that should be done. If I had Audi, that would be first order of business.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Audi should be commended for leaving tube in, so one can install dipstick, and that should be done. If I had Audi, that would be first order of business.
Yup. That was one of the first things I did when wife got the Q5.

If you keep the plug I would put some bright yellow or orange tape on the top part to make it more visible. Getting a dipstick would be the better option though.

By the way, how that "nose" feels in Q5 compared to 530i?

I had an '18 Audi Q5 3.0T for a loaner and the thing was a rocket. Felt like a big GTI.

If you try to drive the Q5 very aggressively through the twisties, you'll certainly notice some extra weight upfront. In casual daily driving, it's a non issue.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I had an '18 Audi Q5 3.0T for a loaner

Sure it was a 2018? AFAIK, Audi discontinued the 3.0T engine option on the Q5 for 2018.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I had an '18 Audi Q5 3.0T for a loaner

Sure it was a 2018? AFAIK, Audi discontinued the 3.0T engine option on the Q5 for 2018.

Could have been a '17. Could have been a 2.0T - if it was it had PLENTY of motor.

I wouild first finance with Audi as you get a 1-2k discount check with dealer. Make 6 payments then refi with credit union....need to finance with audi to get rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back