2018 Taurus 3.5L Duratec; Amsoil 0w-30 4.4k mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused. Wear metals are down, fuel dilution up. Should I be worried about anything?

IMG_2046.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
My thought is, please see the moderator thread right above yours with the title: Please title your posts with oil brand/visc, oil mileage and vehicle

Do you recall the oil smelling like fuel when you collected the sample?

Is it possible you did more short tripping and fewer long highway runs this oci?

I wouldn't set my hair on fire just yet..it's a new car, your wear metals are low and you stayed in grade with a good TBN, so that's a plus. Do another 4.4k oci, same oil and ask the Mrs to be meticulous about logging her trips/miles. Submit the next UOA and let's see what it shows. If you get a 2nd one with high FD, then it's time to worry.

I'd venture to guess the prior oil change would have had more short trips and simple idling time than this oil change had cuz it was through the winter months. And yes, I did smell a fuel smell when I changed and collected the oil. The oil level never raised on the dipstick or anything.

Did your wife get a new cellphone? More time idling on the phone at the parking lot etc... (just being sarcastic). More engine warmup time at idle before driving due to cold season as per sample dates? Nothing looks bad in the analysis to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back