2018 Nissan Rogue CVT @ 30k

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by Eisen77
...AFAIK only 2020 Nissan vehicles will come with new CVT design.

I can't 100% confirm this, but from what I've read, 2017+ jatco units have the revised pump and pressure control system.

As for the Rogue's, the CVT was a new, internal design (not Jatco) as of 2014 MY.

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
Originally Posted by JTK

I can't 100% confirm this, but from what I've read, 2017+ jatco units have the revised pump and pressure control system.

As for the Rogue's, the CVT was a new, internal design (not Jatco) as of 2014 MY.

AFAIK its a JATCO CVT8 JF017E. What i reacll on the rollout video, The belt is now pressure/spray lubed instead of being submerged in the sump and the hub bearing design was improved along with programming change to make it feel like a planetary gear trans.

Nissan has majority ownership of JATCO.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
Originally Posted by JTK

AFAIK its a JATCO CVT8 JF017E. What i reacll on the rollout video, The belt is now pressure/spray lubed instead of being submerged in the sump and the hub bearing design was improved along with programming change to make it feel like a planetary gear trans.

Nissan has majority ownership of JATCO.

This is correct. Nissan may have helped in the design but it's a Jatco CVT. Nissan Mitsubishi does own Jatco

I think one thing you guys are missing is Nissan recommends a double drain and fill at 60k, not a single. I assume to remove as much of the old fluid as possible. I have 2 2015 Altimas that I did at 60k, but decided to go single drain and fill every 30k instead from now on. Both are over 90k now with no apparent issues so far.

Last edited:
Back