2018 Mustang GT - Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20 & NAPA Syn 0w-20

UOA data resulting from the Pennzoil UOA program. Very neat opportunity, Sean with Pennzoil talked me through his interpretation of the results, no undue concerns overall. He did say that Silver which flagged was most likely not due to solder but more likely journal bearings - due to the mileage on the vehicle. But, not too concerning at the current level.

The synthetic oil 0w-20 is the NAPA Syn.

Any input is welcome!

Screenshot_20221115_080616.jpg

Yep , almost no wear metals. Silicone is low seems like the air filter/duct work etc. is functioning well.
Super nice!

Yep , almost no wear metals. Silicone is low seems like the air filter/duct work etc. is functioning well.
Super nice!
It's a Motorcraft air filter in the car, and FL500S on these runs for the oil. Glad it seemed to be functioning well and even a bit improved on the second run.

UOA data resulting from the Pennzoil UOA program. Very neat opportunity, Sean with Pennzoil talked me through his interpretation of the results, no undue concerns overall. He did say that Silver which flagged was most likely not due to solder but more likely journal bearings - due to the mileage on the vehicle. But, not too concerning at the current level.

The synthetic oil 0w-20 is the NAPA Syn.

Any input is welcome!

View attachment 126416
Very Nice!

Journal bearing wear “due to the mileage on the vehicle” 🧐🤨

You have 68k on the block. What mileage? It just got past the warranty period. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Made it sound like it has 300k on it and some bearing wear “due to the mileage…” it’s 2ppm. Who cares?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Journal bearing wear “due to the mileage on the vehicle” 🧐🤨

You have 68k on the block. What mileage? It just got past the warranty period. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Made it sound like it has 300k on it and some bearing wear “due to the mileage…” it’s 2ppm. Who cares?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Don't get me wrong he didn't say to be concerned, I believe all he was saying was that it would likely not be from solder at 68k because it would have likely washed out and so the next likely source was a journal bearing.

That's how I understood him anyway.

Back