2018 JL Wrangler 3.6 Multi-cylinder misfires, fuel soaked spark plug, poor fuel economy. Missing coolant. Root causes?

Usually a p300 , or misfires on one bank is a bad upstream o2 sensor.....we change quite a few. They dont usually code an o2 code....misfire, and sometimes fuel trim code if gets bad enough. Watch fuel trim when it starts to act up. Coolant loss is usually stat and /or coolant bypass, and sometime a rad. Never seen a headgasket unless overheated badly.

Take the thing in and let the dealer deal with it if in warranty. You are going to piss away a bunch of money on the roulette of guesses without proper troubleshooting.

Hope you are not stuck in a "White Knight" loop here.

It's going to the dealer I just don't want it to go three times because a girl brings it in when it should go in once. Or her get slapped with BS parts hanging to pad the bill since warranty work pays so much less and FCA powertrain warranty excludes items strategically.

Considering how widespread the issues are for these POS Jeeps, I wasn't expecting them to downplay it so much when she scheduled.

My advice was trade it in on a 4Runner.

It's going to the dealer I just don't want it to go three times because a girl brings it in when it should go in once. Or her get slapped with BS parts hanging to pad the bill since warranty work pays so much less and FCA powertrain warranty excludes items strategically.

Considering how widespread the issues are for these POS Jeeps, I wasn't expecting them to downplay it so much when she scheduled.

Jeep covers all the same stuff Toyota does in their powertrain warranty. But yes, getting the dealer to do warranty work in my experience is like pulling teeth. Had to bring my Ram in twice because I couldn’t put fuel into it no matter how slow or how I positioned the nozzle at 22k miles. First time was a convenient “no problem found”, 2nd time they tried to make me pay for diag even though it’s still under its 3 year/36k warranty.

Lol. It’s funny how this has somehow become the standard response when someone has an issue with a non Toyota vehicle. From my experience, Toyota puts out a lot of garbage too.

Lol. It’s funny how this has somehow become the standard response when someone has an issue with a non Toyota vehicle. From my experience, Toyota puts out a lot of garbage too.
Sure; 14 year old Toyota has the same problems that 4 year old Jeep has!

Most vehicles of any make or age don't have the problems that this 4 year old Jeep does..
A couple of OLD Toyotas got me through my younger years in NYC. Never had any issues with them. My wife's 2015 Wrangler was sold recently due to constant quality and reliability issues. I serviced it since new and am still in disbelief over all the issues these things are known for.

Jeep covers all the same stuff Toyota does in their powertrain warranty. But yes, getting the dealer to do warranty work in my experience is like pulling teeth. Had to bring my Ram in twice because I couldn’t put fuel into it no matter how slow or how I positioned the nozzle at 22k miles. First time was a convenient “no problem found”, 2nd time they tried to make me pay for diag even though it’s still under its 3 year/36k warranty.
It's just a huge YMMV based upon dealer. My JL is getting the steel steering box TSB performed basically just because I asked.

But yeah, quality control is amusing with Stellantis or FCA. Laugh or cry - I choose to laugh

Didn't some year Toyota had head gasket problem on certain engine in the last century?
Mainly the 10-15 Prius 1.8’s and 03-05ish 4.0L V6’s.

Then valve seat issues on the 17/18 Highlander 3.5’s (with DI) and sporadically, on the current generation Tacomas.

Let’s not forget the Tacomas that needed entire frames.

LOL have you seen what Wrangler frames looked like from that same era?? Atleast Toyota had the decency to eat the cost.

Anyway, the Joop went in this morning, a message relayed 9 hours later that "the problem is in the engine" and they'll have another update by Friday.

LOL have you seen what Wrangler frames looked like from that same era?? Atleast Toyota had the decency to eat the cost.

Anyway, the Joop went in this morning, a message relayed 9 hours later that "the problem is in the engine" and they'll have another update by Friday.

I will be the last to tell you Jeep is reliable, absolutely the opposite. However I'm not sure any Wrangler frame has been as bad as those in the same time frame... After 12-15 years, perhaps

It's just a huge YMMV based upon dealer. My JL is getting the steel steering box TSB performed basically just because I asked.

But yeah, quality control is amusing with Stellantis or FCA. Laugh or cry - I choose to laugh

Isn't that the truth? It's with any dealer service really..

There's a fella on a Ram board I frequent that took his 2017 Ram 1500 hemi to a dealer at ~59700 miles because of some sporadic and very slight engine noise. They confirmed several lifters had failed, replaced the cam, all lifters and replaced broken exhaust manifold bolts, all under the 5yr/60mi factory warranty. That's probably like $5K worth of work in today's dollars.

I have a feeling if I tried this at any of my local Ram/Jeep dealers, unless there was something devastatingly obvious, it would be a "Cannot duplicate customer's concern".

I have a feeling if I tried this at any of my local Ram/Jeep dealers, unless there was something devastatingly obvious, it would be a "Cannot duplicate customer's concern".

I heard years ago that Ford dealers were instructed not to fix anything under warranty unless the customer complained about it.

Furthermore, dealers with "excessively high" amounts of warranty work were scrutinized by Ford.

And on top of all that, warranty work was paid at a lesser rate than customer-pay work.

All of which made getting warranty work done at a Ford dealer that much more difficult for the customer.

No idea if any of that is still the case. I haven't owned a Ford under a factory warranty in over 20 years...

Back