2018 Corolla, Battery or Alternator?

I gotta love DIY they do keep me entertained!

ROLMAO

I think the OP has it handled at this point? I am sure based on a few good helpful response he will know at least how to proceed?

:cool:

I'm tired of Johnson Controls batteries leaking from the caps and ruining my hold down brackets, and don't have any warehouse club memberships, so I'm looking East Penn batteries from NAPA.

Their lower-end Proform (65 mo pro rated/18 mo free replacement) has a bit better cranking and reserve specs than the Advance "silver" 2-year. Would I gain much with the more expensive NAPA Legend beyond 10 months of pro-rating and 3 lbs?

Both are available in town if the load test is a fail.
Check your Toyota dealer. 84 month pro-rated and 24 month free replacement warranty and with a coupon, might be under $100.

I took the car to O'Reilly today and had them test it. Their machine said the battery, starter, and alternator are all OK.

Maybe running a full charge cycle brought it back, but I'll be battery shopping over the next few days. The battery was built in June and the car was put on the road in December of 2017. I don't know how it was treated for the first 27k, so it's time for a more reliable battery.

Thanks for all of your ideas and suggestions.

Back