2018 Civic 1.5T Mileage-Based Maintenance Schedule?

Fiancee's. She's had it a little over a year now and it has about 23,500 miles. 1.5T. 6MT.

Don't want to go by maintenance minder.

Oil changes - I don't care what they recommend - I'll be doing them every 5000 miles or less.

But it would be nice to know when they call for gearbox lube service, coolant change, brake fluid, PS, etc.

Car didn't come with a maintenance schedule and I can't find anything online.

Seems Honda wants you to go by the maint. minder.

Does anyone know if there's a mileage-based maintenance schedule published by Honda?

I just want to do the maintenance required in order to maintain warranty coverage.

The only official schedule you will find is 'follow the maintenance minder'
If you don't want to do that, change the fluid when you feel it is best, only clear the maintenance minder when it actually prompts you. That way you will be changing fluids more than it recommends.

The minder is the only official schedule. Honda does not publish a mileage-based schedule anymore. The only exception is not go more than a year without service, which you won't do with the amount of miles you put on already.

Look at various Honda dealers' sites. The ones worth going to will say the same, that Honda doesn't publish a set schedule and to use the minder. They will also post an explanation of the codes. Dealers that post a schedule on their service page are usually the ones not worth using and will try to scam you.

The minder's suggested service intervals are all that's required to maintain your warranty coverage
smile.gif

23k in a year suggests mostly highway driving, which is easier on cars. Use a d1g2 5w30 synthetic and only fill up with premium

I don't think Honda calls for periodic PS change intervals. Only the European cars do that. Most modern coolant, including Honda, is a long-life type, which lasts over 100k, and they use iridium spark plugs, also over 100k service life

But the most important thing to remember is that your mileage may vary--which is why Honda uses the MM
19.gif

Honda is dead-set on using the Maintenance Minder, so you're kind of on your own. But as a Honda owner I could suggest:

1) If you don't trust the MM for oil change intervals rather than just using an arbitrary 5k number change when the MM gets to 60%, or whatever makes you comfortable. This at least helps to adjust for weather, driving conditions, etc.

2) I'd suggest the MM for coolant changes.

3) Air filter changes are typically a 30k item, cabin air filters 20k.

4) Honda says brake fluid every 3 years.

5) No idea about the manual gearbox.

6) The power steering is electric, so that should be the easiest maintenance item ever.

Yeah, 5K on oil changes, once a year on air filter, 3 years on brake fluid, and about 30K on gearbox sounds reasonable to me.

This last OCI, I forgot to reset the MM, and also let it get away from me and ended up not changing the oil until like 6200 miles. Next will be 5000.

Change the break-in fluid in the manual transmission now and get all the metal contaminants out.

Originally Posted by 147_Grain
Change the break-in fluid in the manual transmission now and get all the metal contaminants out.

I'll change it soon, but how much damage/wear can a few small shavings do in a gearbox? I mean, it's not like an engine crankcase where shavings could potentially plug oil galleys/squirters, or score cylinder walls or camshafts, etc.

It's just a gearset.

Back