Missed maint codes on Honda Fit OLM/MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is in relation to the 2009 Honda Fit Sport MT in my signature.

As with most?/all? recent Honda automobiles, there is a digital OLM/MM which counts down from 100 percent down to 0. When it reaches 15 or 20%, it displays a maintenance code -- a letter (A B or C I think) followed by 1 or more numerical digits. This code lets the owner or mechanic know what maintenance items need attention. This is also the time when you are supposed to change your oil and filter.

This is my wife's DD. I have instructed her to let me know when the OLM/MM gets down to the point where the maint codes are displayed so I can see what needs to be done. Somehow, without knowing how, she recently reset the OLM herself. She has no idea which codes were displayed. ("Codes? What?")
crazy2.gif
Ugh.

The current mileage on the car is 101500 miles. The last time codes were displayed was "A 1 2" at 91600 miles in mid-2014. This may or may not matter, but I change the oil and filter on my own schedule based on UOA, so all I need are the maint codes.

How can I figure out which maintenance codes were displayed before they were inadvertently reset?

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
My problem is in relation to the 2009 Honda Fit Sport MT in my signature.

As with most?/all? recent Honda automobiles, there is a digital OLM/MM which counts down from 100 percent down to 0. When it reaches 15 or 20%, it displays a maintenance code -- a letter (A B or C I think) followed by 1 or more numerical digits. This code lets the owner or mechanic know what maintenance items need attention. This is also the time when you are supposed to change your oil and filter.

This is my wife's DD. I have instructed her to let me know when the OLM/MM gets down to the point where the maint codes are displayed so I can see what needs to be done. Somehow, without knowing how, she recently reset the OLM herself. She has no idea which codes were displayed. ("Codes? What?")
crazy2.gif
Ugh.

The current mileage on the car is 101500 miles. The last time codes were displayed was "A 1 2" at 91600 miles in mid-2014. This may or may not matter, but I change the oil and filter on my own schedule based on UOA, so all I need are the maint codes.

How can I figure out which maintenance codes were displayed before they were inadvertently reset?

They do still make manuals with service intervals I would think

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
They do still make manuals with service intervals I would think

The official Honda service manual for the Fit (I have the PDF version) has no mileage intervals - it's all based on MM codes. Not sure if I can find them in an unofficial source.

-New spark plugs
-New MTF
-New Coolant (i'd recommend OEM Honda coolant)
-New Brake fluid (i'd recommend ATE TYP 200)
-Inspect serpentine belt & brakes, change if necessary.
-Adjust valves if they're noisy. They'd be noisy on cold startup.

Valve adjustment is at 105,000. Are you sure it was reset? It says 100% now?

Brake fluid should be changed on a 2009 if it hasn't already, but I'm pretty sure they list the time interval for that.

You can reset the numbers by pressing the button on the instrument panel until the oil life is displayed, and holding it for 10 seconds, and releasing it, and then holding it back until it's reset. You don't need any special tool to reset Honda's MM system.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I don't believe you can reset the numbers without a Honda tool. The letter do change though with reset.

Yeah it's at 100 percent. Yeah you can reset it without a Honda tool as the guy described above. I really can't believe my wife held it down for 10 sec unless she's deliberately trying to mess with me...But that's a problem for a different message board.

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman

Brake fluid should be changed on a 2009 if it hasn't already, but I'm pretty sure they list the time interval for that.

Honda says every 3 years regardless of mileage

Brake fluid on Hondas is 3 years regardless of mileage. At 101k it likely wanted new spark plugs. Coolant should be around 120K first time. Transmission fluid is an open question. If in doubt, change it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back