2017 Ram 1500 foot well lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

Just sharing a little project I did recently adding some footwell lighting to my 2017 Ram 1500 express, quad cab. The wiring connectors are in place under the dash and you can use a ~$60 LED mopar kit, or a ~$20 incandescent kit. I got mine off eBay for under $20 shipped. Several other FCA products use the same part numbers. You do have to feel around a bit to find the harness for the passenger side. I wound up pulling off the side kick panel when I didn't have to. There is a teardrop shaped recess on the passenger side for one of these lights and a mounting hole on the driver's side. I used plastic push plugs for mounting and poked holes in the pass side underdash cover with an awl. 10min job.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
Do these time out like the overhead light does?

Yep. They fade out with the overheads.

It's funny because these lights are something you'd rarely think about, until the vehicle doesn't have them. Hard to believe on a truck who's sticker price was just under $40K.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by Inspecktor
Do these time out like the overhead light does?

Yep. They fade out with the overheads.

It's funny because these lights are something you'd rarely think about, until the vehicle doesn't have them. Hard to believe on a truck who's sticker price was just under $40K.

My Ram doesn't have them either, really wish It did. Might look into doing this, but I would use LED's.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Great post... I'll let my neighbor know for his. Do you have part numbers?
thumbsup2.gif

P/N are right on the box in the above pic. Off hand I don't have the p/n for the LED kits for the Ram. The pass side LED takes a little more work given you have to cut a hole in the dash underside cover for the light bezel to fit.

Some people pop the round diffusers off the incandescent ones for more light or they just swap out the incandescent bulbs for LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back