Auxiliary Fog/Flood Light Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I'm trying to do some research on putting some extra flood lights on a 2003 Ford Taurus. I've got an idea on how to mount them but I'm not sure of what lights to get. I've been eyeballing the Hella Optilux 1450 as a halfway decent yet affordable light. Basically, I want something that will cast light to the sides a bit, more of a flood, to hopefully see deer and other critters on the sides of the highway. These would only be used when there's no oncoming vehicles. Bonus points for a light that is good in fog and snow. I'd preferably like to keep the lights/kit under $100 but if there's an extraordinary kit at $105, that's not out of the question. I'll be totally rewiring them so quality of the harness doesn't mean anything to me. Got any suggestions?

I'd recommend against the optilux 1450.

There is too much upwards stray light for a good fog light, and when I fed them with 10AWG replacing the cheezy 16 awg harness they come with, they melted the wiring at the bulb and blew a fuse. They come with cheapo chinese h3 bulbs

I had found the reflective surfaces started peeling off as well at less than 2 years of age.

They are removed from vehicle never to return.

I'm saving for some Cibie 68716 Cesar Square Fog Lamp

https://www.amazon.com/Blazer-DF1075KB-F...azer+fog+lights

Blazer fog lights. The car is about 15 years old, I would go cheap.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back