2017 Pacific Intermittent Long Shift

Van has just under 105,000 miles on it. No, the fluid has not been changed or checked. I don't believe it's readily serviceable, I know there's a widget that I can make, maybe buy, to check the fluid level.

This is the ZF9 transmission.

The transmission does not want to shift, but as simple as lifting off the gas will cause the upshift to occur. Based on her info, I'd take a guess it's somewhere around the 3-4 or 4-5 shift. Unfortunately, I have not experienced it first hand, however, my wife has experienced this a handful of times over the past couple months. It doesn't seem to have any pattern. No other symptoms. She drives it a couple days a week and I generally only drive it one day a week for 30 miles.

Quick Google returns something about transmission relearning for something similar. A simple software thing, I'm willing to do, much more than that makes me want to get rid of the vehicle. Don't really feel like chasing a problem that doesn't trip any codes.

Anyone experience this? I know we have a couple Chrysler dealer people here, can't remember their name to ask direct.

Fluid worn. Needs changed. Likely software update as well and a quick learn to finish it off

These are finicky transmissions as is
Thanks

How much of a process is changing the fluid on this transmission? It's been a great piece up until a couple thousand miles ago.

At that mileage I recommend you look into a fluid exchange (not a fluid flush) and a filter change. Also, have the shop scan the transmission computer for codes and update the firmware to newest version.

Van has just under 105,000 miles on it. No, the fluid has not been changed or checked. I don't believe it's readily serviceable, I know there's a widget that I can make, maybe buy, to check the fluid level.

This is the ZF9 transmission.

The transmission does not want to shift, but as simple as lifting off the gas will cause the upshift to occur. Based on her info, I'd take a guess it's somewhere around the 3-4 or 4-5 shift. Unfortunately, I have not experienced it first hand, however, my wife has experienced this a handful of times over the past couple months. It doesn't seem to have any pattern. No other symptoms. She drives it a couple days a week and I generally only drive it one day a week for 30 miles.

Quick Google returns something about transmission relearning for something similar. A simple software thing, I'm willing to do, much more than that makes me want to get rid of the vehicle. Don't really feel like chasing a problem that doesn't trip any codes.

Anyone experience this? I know we have a couple Chrysler dealer people here, can't remember their name to ask direct.
Change that fluid....it's not that hard.
Use a fluid transfer pump....
ZF says to change the fluid ever 60k.

Don't listen to Chrysler.

You might actually want to do 2 or 3 drain and refills - - - - - -
Any Indy garage could do this.......

Or you buy a fluid transfer pump.
It gets easier the more you do it.

Van transmission take a lot of abuse - - - - - give it new fluid.

Change that fluid....it's not that hard.
Use a fluid transfer pump....
ZF says to change the fluid ever 60k.

Don't listen to Chrysler.
I’ll run my filter 60k & change it on the 3rd spill & fill of LG8 …
Guess I’m not listening to either of them 😷

Back