2017 KIA Niro

We purchased a new 2017 Niro EX on 2 Jan 2018. After a steady diet of Valvoline 0W-20 on a 10K OCI and 123200 miles with mostly Shell gas, I can report that this car is the most satisfying auto I have ever owned. :) Never had an issue or any parts replaced. The only thing we replaced are the tires with a new set of Michelin. During the summer months, I average 47MPG. Winter months MPG is around 37-42.

I never thought that a cheap KIA would be my most enjoyable auto in my 65 years, (not my favorite however).

I commute to work daily 160 miles round trip. Hope the car hangs in there for 200K miles. That should be a good number to retire on. lol.

Never heard of a Niro, so I looked them up on carfax's used car sales site. Looks like it has a 1.6L 4 cylinder, does it feel underpowered or is it geared so that it drives OK?

We purchased a new 2017 Niro EX on 2 Jan 2018. After a steady diet of Valvoline 0W-20 on a 10K OCI and 123200 miles with mostly Shell gas, I can report that this car is the most satisfying auto I have ever owned. :) Never had an issue or any parts replaced. The only thing we replaced are the tires with a new set of Michelin. During the summer months, I average 47MPG. Winter months MPG is around 37-42.

I never thought that a cheap KIA would be my most enjoyable auto in my 65 years, (not my favorite however).

I commute to work daily 160 miles round trip. Hope the car hangs in there for 200K miles. That should be a good number to retire on. lol.
That's exactly how we feel after 200K+ miles in our Santa Fe Sport. Never would have thought it would be the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned.

Glad it's worked out so well for you OP.

Seems like a roll of the dice with Kia and Hyundai. This is coming from a 19' Sorento owner. Hopefully ours will last.

Never heard of a Niro, so I looked them up on carfax's used car sales site. Looks like it has a 1.6L 4 cylinder, does it feel underpowered or is it geared so that it drives OK?

1621967686723.jpg

I have a niece who just bought a brand new Niro Hybrid. It’s a pretty decent looking crossover. Fuel economy is great.

Back