2017 Hyundai SanteFe 2.4L SUV rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am selling my Rav4, it's been a great and reliable car, but it just doesn't have enough front seat legroom. I drove it for 9 months and I'm done with it. Used to be my wife's but she passed away. Rondo went with stepdaughter back home to GA.

I already got the Rav4 replacement, just happened to find a manual Sonata. Then I found about all the issues. I took a chance and bought it anyway, it was cheap.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Anyone who actually needs seven seats with enough room left over to carry the gear of seven people needs something more like a minivan. As an added bonus, virtually any current minivan will drive better than Cujet found this Hyundai to do.
We drove minivans when we had kids at home and a large dog and they worked really well for family travel while delivering decent fuel economy.

Nobody even mentioned on this thread that they were cross shopping mini vans....... The only mini-van that MIGHT keep this vehicle segment alive is the Chrysler Pacifica.

The "box on wheels" is dying.

We cannot explain how the Hyundai he rented drove so poorly. We can speculate that it was a bad alignment-poor tire inflation, or some vehicle anomaly that crops up on rental cars time to time to time (like some one doing sub frame damage by hitting a curb).

Just thought I'd introduce a little common sense into the discussion.
My observation stands.
If you actually need room, you need a minivan and not a CUV, which is what this thread was about.
If you can afford one and don't mind fueling it, a Suburban would also be a good choice with ample space, but that's a real SUV.

Anyone who actually needs seven seats with enough room left over to carry the gear of seven people needs something more like a minivan. As an added bonus, virtually any current minivan will drive better than Cujet found this Hyundai to do.
We drove minivans when we had kids at home and a large dog and they worked really well for family travel while delivering decent fuel economy.

Nobody even mentioned on this thread that they were cross shopping mini vans....... The only mini-van that MIGHT keep this vehicle segment alive is the Chrysler Pacifica.

The "box on wheels" is dying.

We cannot explain how the Hyundai he rented drove so poorly. We can speculate that it was a bad alignment-poor tire inflation, or some vehicle anomaly that crops up on rental cars time to time to time (like some one doing sub frame damage by hitting a curb).

Just thought I'd introduce a little common sense into the discussion.
My observation stands.
If you actually need room, you need a minivan and not a CUV, which is what this thread was about.
If you can afford one and don't mind fueling it, a Suburban would also be a good choice with ample space, but that's a real SUV.

Some us do not want the ride/handling characteristics a "body on frame" SUV "provides". Gas mpg aside. I already have a half-ton Sierra Crew Cab with these characteristics. BTW- road trip from Salt Lake City to So. Cal just last week. 80mph LEGAL speed limits. MPG going 16.9 (head wind all the way). And 17.5 on the return.

Last edited:
Guess you've never done a long trip in a Suburban.
We have and they're really quite nice. Nothing like a low-line half-ton pickemup.
They are a little thirsty, just like your pickup, but the ride, highway handling and space are really quite good.

We have and they're really quite nice. Nothing like a low-line half-ton pickemup.
They are a little thirsty, just like your pickup, but the ride, highway handling and space are really quite good.

I have a Sierra SLE with Leather, Bose, 8 way power adjustable seats/lumbar is adjustable, it has every conceivable option except navigation. Don't worry-since I don't list my vehicles in my "signature" you wouldn't have known.

It's not low level by any stretch. A body on frame ride is a "compromise".

The new Santa Fe Limited 3.3 XL is the wife's.

Last edited:

I have a Sierra SLE with Leather, Bose, 8 way power adjustable seats/lumbar is adjustable, it has every conceivable option except navigation. Don't worry-since I don't list my vehicles in my "signature" you wouldn't have known.

It's not low level by any stretch. A body on frame ride is a "compromise".

The new Santa Fe Limited 3.3 XL is the wife's.

A low-line half ton pickemup with leather is still not a Suburban.
A Suburban is a much nicer vehicle to drive than any pickup and that has nothing to do with the body on frame construction and everything to do with GM intending the Suburban to be a premium vehicle with the pickemups not so much.
GM knows how to develop and market trucks, as your experience with your pickup and mine with Suburbans illustrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back