2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost - Castrol Edge 0W40 / Delo XSP 5W30

Yes more so on the RS, it was a dedicated track car. But a UOA was done on the truck and it showed the same shearing as the RS but just not as extreme. Are you here to correct me and nit pick? Show me where a repair or warranty issue was denied due to an improper oil was used. Why come on a forum like this if folks are scared about warranty issue if they use “unapproved fluids”.
Similarly can you show us the UOA that conclusively demonstrate mechanical shearing in the oil?

Similarly can you show us the UOA that conclusively demonstrate mechanical shearing in the oil?

So you know it's apples to oranges and also know ****ed well shearing happens yet you still ask for proof. Are you trying to say shearing of oil is a myth? That it dosent happen? Do the leg work yourself and get educated on the topic. Shearing happens, deal with it.

So you know it's apples to oranges and also know ****ed well shearing happens yet you still ask for proof. Are you trying to say shearing of oil is a myth? That it dosent happen? Do the leg work yourself and get educated on the topic. Shearing happens, deal with it.
Lol, quite the response there "Schwifty". Guess you don't have anything to back up your claim which is exactly what I expected.

Last edited:

Most viscosity loss that gets ascribed to shear is actually fuel dilution, that's why he asked. Telling a guy who's been here for well over a decade with >15,000 posts to get educated is a bit rich, particularly if you'd taken 5 minutes to get familiarized with his posting history. Rather than copping an attitude, may I suggest you do the legwork yourself and get further educated on the topic, as it's clear that what you think you know is a lot more than what you actually know.

Back