2017 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it looks that bad, but it definitely doesn't look good.

However, the interior looks good, IMO.

Remember, ugly vehicles can sell very well.

2015-Jeep-Cherokee-Front.jpg

I think the interior looks really good. One of the best Honda interiors in many years in my opinion. For a time, and starting about 10 years ago, Honda started to get away from what made them appealing: simple, intuitive, ergonomic designs. An Accord or Pilot interior from about 2010 or so is pretty much a study on why putting a thousand small buttons on a dashboard doesn't work well (at least in my opinion).

crv17-024.jpg

I think the new interior is simple, tasteful, and looks to be pretty ergonomic. The button count is low, there are dedicated HVAC controls, and, yes, there is a real volume knob. I think the digital gauges are done well, too.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
What they need to do on that Jeep is ditch the chrome and go monotone ...

For sure it is flat as *****

They'll do what ever it takes to cram as much profit margin into it as possible. I'm sure it will sell as well as the CRV always has. Makes me like my "boxy" Forester even more.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
turbo with only 10 more hp and less torque? i'd go for the na motor.

We are looking a small vehicle like this, but the cvt trans takes it off the list. We will probably test drive the jeep renegade , the mazda cx-3 , maybe a rav4.

NA engine only available in base LX trim. EX and above are available only with the turbo.

1.5 liters and no stick shift? No thanks. Put a turbo on the 2.4L with a 6 speed and i would pay attention.

Originally Posted By: dareo
1.5 liters and no stick shift? No thanks. Put a turbo on the 2.4L with a 6 speed and i would pay attention.

The whole point of the turbo is to meet the CAFE requirements imposed by the US government. They wouldn't do that, then put in a manual transmission.

I test drove a few small SUV's and ending up with the 2017 CRV EX-L with. nav. For the wife, crazy thing is after driving a 2005 Accord since new ,insurance only went up $22 a year, maybe the lane departure,collision migration,adaptive cruise ,etc brought it down?We love the car, showing 32 mpg in town by display, have'nt hand calculated yet. Thinking of using Mobil1 in it using OLM, What oil brand do you guys recommend being a 0W20?

Last edited:
I do love the modern crop of turbo engines. They really do seem to produce the power, while achieving good mpg. But, even more important to me, they produce the mid range torque with amazing ease. No more annoying, wheezing, straining 4 cylinder engines at 5000RPM up the hill. Half throttle and modest RPM results in adequate thrust with zero drama, how incredibly pleasant!

I like the look of the crv, i'm just afraid of cvt transmissions. I'd like to see a few go 100k-150+ before i buy one.

Never really liked the CRV after the 2013 body style though i hear they get praised a lot, and are one of the few vehicles that owners actually keep til the wheels fall off.

Never really understood why. I could never keep a car that looks like that for more than 3 years.

Also, Honda needs a new wheel designer. They make the ugliest rims on earth.

Originally Posted By: avacado11

Also, Honda needs a new wheel designer. They make the ugliest rims on earth.

X1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back