2017 Audi Q3..What ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -

I'm planning to start some periodic transmission drain and fills on my wife's U.S.spec 2017 Audi Q3. It just rolled over 50,000 miles. I'm hoping to run it for at least 200,000 trouble free miles… I'm 2+ hours from the nearest VW/Audi dealer and will be performing this myself.

I'm having a hard time determining what ATF to use. From what I understand the car has the same drivetrain as the VW Tiguan. The transmission code on the build label states QNU. I've searched, but I have not been able determine exactly which transmission this refers too..

Does anyone know definitively what is the factory fill ATF on these vehicles?

I'm thinking about using Pentosin brand but not sure which one ATF1 or ATF1 LV ?

What ATF would you use? Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks!

Im showing a lot of choices, nothing really special. Redline D4, Bilstein 29934, Pentosin ATF-1, Motul Multi-ATF, LM TopTec1200. Usually the Pentosin is the OE supplier, but I have seen Bilstein as well.

This is an 09D (AW TR60SN) QNU code unit and requires G055025A2 (Verify in owners manual or VAG dealer) TIV or 3309 is best in these units.
This is fluid I use, it is Aisin branded to their specs and they built the unit so it is the correct fluid. AISIN ATF0T4.

Rock has better prices on it than anywhere else I found and they don't kill kill you on the shipping like they do on some stuff. I have 4 cases downstairs, it works great in these AW units. You can also get Toyota T-IV at any Toyota dealer or Mobil 3309 that work just as well. Do not use any "suitable for" or synthetic in these units unless the manufacturer specifically recommends it and has a OE spec.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/aisin,ATF0T4,transmission+fluid,11387

Edit: Look for this plate. Yours should have QNU where the code is but it should have 09D. and TR60SN.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Trav
This is an 09D (AW TR60SN) QNU code unit and requires G055025A2 (Verify in owners manual or VAG dealer) TIV or 3309 is best in these units.
This is fluid I use, it is Aisin branded to their specs and they built the unit so it is the correct fluid. AISIN ATF0T4.

Rock has better prices on it than anywhere else I found and they don't kill kill you on the shipping like they do on some stuff. I have 4 cases downstairs, it works great in these AW units. You can also get Toyota T-IV at any Toyota dealer or Mobil 3309 that work just as well. Do not use any "suitable for" or synthetic in these units unless the manufacturer specifically recommends it and has a OE spec.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/aisin,ATF0T4,transmission+fluid,11387

Edit: Look for this plate. Yours should have QNU where the code is but it should have 09D. and TR60SN.

[Linked Image]

This is great information! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back