2016 WRX, Been at Dealer 3 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard back from Subaru of America.

They are giving me a 7-year, 100,000-mile Subaru Gold Plus extended service agreement on the WRX at no cost, for my trouble.

I'm not sure what the retail value of that plan is, but it's the better of the 2 extended service plans that are listed on the Subaru website here:

http://www.subaru.com/owners/added-secur...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

It not only covers drivetrain, but also other components like A/C, electrical, steering, brakes, etc., AND roadside assistance, towing, rental reimbursement, even hotel/trip reimbursement

Only thing I don't think is completely covered is the turbo. If you look farther down on the page, under the "comparisons" section, the turbo is listed under "surcharges". I assume that means that the turbo is not fully covered.

I'll know what all exactly is covered when I receive the policy in a few weeks.

Seems like fair compensation for the car sitting at the dealership for 3 months, to me. However, the dealer itself hasn't offered squat. Well, they did throw in a tire rotation.

Good to hear John. Are there any maintenance items included in that agreement since it says service, or just an extended warranty? That is a nice long warranty so I'd be happy with that. Plus that's what you wanted all along so good deal.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Good to hear John. Are there any maintenance items included in that agreement since it says service, or just an extended warranty? That is a nice long warranty so I'd be happy with that. Plus that's what you wanted all along so good deal.

Good question. Looking at their description on the site I posted above, the answer to your question is no.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I would have already spoken to a lawyer about lemon-lawing the thing.

Ah, hmm...

That's easy for you to say.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer

Ah, hmm...

And just as easy to do. I would have done it long ago.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer

Ah, hmm...

And just as easy to do. I would have done it long ago.

You're talking about a potentially long, protracted court battle against a corporation that has practically unlimited resources compared to an individual. Besides, they've now compensated me with an extended warranty worth thousands of dollars.

That's fair enough for me.

Lots of people say get a lawyer and fight.

At $350+ an hour, car purchased in another state, another dealer did the warranty work, etc.... the Lemon Law will be very difficult to win against Subaru.

That would be the last Subaru I ever purchased after what happened.

jfi, the first round with the manufacturer is always arbitration. It's a prerequisite to initiating a lawsuit. (See the warranty booklet.)

That can be a good thing if the owner comes prepared and can present the facts (not opinions) objectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back