2016 VW Golf 1.8 TSI | 4,648 miles | Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 (mostly)

16 GOLF-240506.jpg

I sent in my first oil sample for analysis! Super exciting to get the results.

This oil is 5 quarts Mobil 1 FS 0W-40, 1 quart SuperTech FS 5W-30. As described in this thread, the air filter was well overdue for a change, and I ended up swapping it out with another OEM filter at about ~4k miles on the oil. I was curious about silicon levels with an old air filter, but it seems that it was still protecting the engine even past its expected lifespan! Thanks, fella!

Replaced the oil with Valvoline Restore & Protect 5W-30 for funsies. I'm looking forward to seeing what the oil filter looks like after a 3k OCI.

Shows us just how well these filters can perform even when dirty. Everything looks great on your Golf/Euro FS. I bought some of this and 5w-40 FS too that's waiting in the garage. We know it's their latest SP formulation. You mention R&P oil do you have before oil filter pics to compare when this next filter change is due? Not that it's needed but is helpful in comparisons.

Shows us just how well these filters can perform even when dirty. Everything looks great on your Golf/Euro FS. I bought some of this and 5w-40 FS too that's waiting in the garage. We know it's their latest SP formulation. You mention R&P oil do you have before oil filter pics to compare when this next filter change is due? Not that it's needed but is helpful in comparisons.
Alas! I don't have any before pics of my Golf. I do plan on giving R&P to my girlfriend's Kia Sorento here soon, and I'll try to get some before pics then. Maintenance has historically been a little iffy on it from what she's told me, so I'm excited to see what gets cleaned.

Alas! I don't have any before pics of my Golf. I do plan on giving R&P to my girlfriend's Kia Sorento here soon, and I'll try to get some before pics then. Maintenance has historically been a little iffy on it from what she's told me, so I'm excited to see what gets cleaned.
That would be a great plan. Let us know how it goes! Thanks
Nice to see another Show Me State member.

Back