2016 Prius no crank no start

Hey everyone I am dealing with a 2016 Prius c two and it doesn't turn on. No crank no dash lights no engine lights no dlc communication nothing. Battery is charged no blown fuses that I've found the hybrid battery main switch is engaged, key fob battery s are good. Nothing works except the headlights. The dome lights work if you manually turn them on but not with the doors open. Key fob isn't functional. I'm at a loss. Where do I go from here?

Dealer needs to look at it. The anti-theft system isn’t recognizing the key. So, it won’t respond. A computer has failed, or an interface module has failed, or some bit of software got corrupted. Until that is rectified, this thing is dead. Not something that can be solved by you, or the internet.

Do you have another key fob to try? if that doesn't work take it to the dealer. The dome light symptom is an indication of a module problem.

Yeah maybe try jumping the 12v battery like fdcg said. I assumed the headlights were strong when you turned them on manually but maybe it's not strong enough. I know the Prius doesn't use a starter but instead a motor generator. I think it feeds off the hybrid system to start but the system which tells the hybrid system to start is ran off the 12v. When was the last time the 12v battery was changed if ever. If it's the original then it might be it.

Hold the fob up against the start/stop button. The wireless thing might be down.

Umm…. I would insert Prius joke here (time to go out and buy a nice ICE like the rest of us sane folks), but my F150 did something about 2 months ago just like this.

Battery management system kicked in for no known reason- tried to jump it and nothing worked- fix was to disconnect negative terminal and turn on headlight switch for 30 secs… I’m like “yeah right, like this will work”… but it did. Does Prii have something similar?

Supposedly there was some draw on the battery that caused BMS to kick in and disconnect battery even though it was charged.

Back