2016 Lexus RX350 Oil Change change

Changing the oil in my 2016 RX350 for the second time since I've owned it. First OC I used M1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy and a Toyota OEM filter.
This time around I'm going with PP and a Super Tech filter. I think it's pretty much all the same with 6000-7500 mile OCI.
Just changed the oil in my wife's 2016 ES350 with the M1. OW-20 AFE and a Wix filter.

Neither vehicle see any tough duty...trailers, off road etc...

Last edited:
The 2gr-fks would also be happy with m1 5w30 and a trd oil filter that you can change every other time. The cartridge types are a PITA and messy

Originally Posted by RodneyM
The cartridge types are a PITA and messy

Had that engine in my 2009 V6 Venza.
Found a screw in filter drain nipple worked so much better than the snap in OEM version.
The screw in nipple from an aftermarket filter package allowed a slow release of the oil.
Once you use that, the oil changes are almost enjoyable and relatively clean.

I leave the disk alone and just turn the whole assembly slowly like i would a spin on filter. Let it drain once it starts seeping and then remove the whole assembly with no mess at all.

Originally Posted by GSCJR
I leave the disk alone and just turn the whole assembly slowly like i would a spin on filter. Let it drain once it starts seeping and then remove the whole assembly with no mess at all.

That's what i do as well, makes a little bit of a mess but quick and easy, I just clean the housing up as the oil pan drains

I just let the Toyota cartridge filter drain as others have posted.
I buy the Toyota filters on line; they are pretty cheap.
I think Wally World has them as well.

The Lexus RX is a great vehicle.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

The Lexus RX is a great vehicle.

My buddy bought one with 150,000 miles here in Indiana, drove it to Alaska, and sold it for a small profit (not including his travel costs but more than he paid for the car).

We have a 2013 and use the factory filters from Wally World and M1 AFE or M1 Truck and SUV, both in 0W-20. Great motors and trannys.

Back