2016 LEXUS GS350 3,350 miles. Mobil1 AFE 0w20

Mostly all stop and go in NYC with a 400 mile highway trip. 26 weeks. Oct-april. Fram Ultra. Driven hard.
5 mile, 20 minute commute 2x daily.
report.png

Last edited:
Fair bit of fuel there, driving down the flashpoint and viscosity, but report looks great (nothing stands out) otherwise.
How can you tell there is fuel? By looking at flashpoint and viscosity? My concern of fuel dilution was the main reason I drained it at 6 months.

Looks like that oil got beat to a pulp, but your car didn't skip a beat! Single digit wear metals, that's what I always like to see! (y) That's a good engine and good uoa!

For summer fill I went with PUPP 5w30. Noack is a bit high at 11.5 on this one, but with D4S, I don't think it'll be much of an issue. Maybe I should go 5w30 year round due due the loss of viscosity from short trip fuel dilution. Is there a low Noack 5w30? I use Amsoil for my Camaro's annual changes but I'd rather use cheap Walmart stuff for my daily beater if it's gonna be drained with plenty of TBN left.

For summer fill I went with PUPP 5w30. Noack is a bit high at 11.5 on this one, but with D4S, I don't think it'll be much of an issue. Maybe I should go 5w30 year round due due the loss of viscosity from short trip fuel dilution. Is there a low Noack 5w30? I use Amsoil for my Camaro's annual changes but I'd rather use cheap Walmart stuff for my daily beater if it's gonna be drained with plenty of TBN left.
Go Euro-approved oils. They are a big step up from ILSAC GF-6.
You can get Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30 in Wal Mart. Mobil1 0W40 FS, Castrol Edge 0W40.
Euro L is ACEA C3 oil. Recommended by Toyota in 2GR-FKS in Europe.

Go Euro-approved oils. They are a big step up from ILSAC GF-6.
You can get Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30 in Wal Mart. Mobil1 0W40 FS, Castrol Edge 0W40.
Euro L is ACEA C3 oil. Recommended by Toyota in 2GR-FKS in Europe.
I don’t think this engine needs such drastic measures. These engines are very easy on oil and the only thing of concern is the Severe Duty driving conditions that the OP is putting it through.

All things considered, this oil still looks good and could have easily made it to 5k miles with room to spare for safety. 7k might be pushing it with the OPs use.

"Try going about 7K miles next time" o_O

Scary "advice." I would presume to think that Blackstone looks at the TBN and the TBN alone when they give out OCI recommendations. Poor practice for an entity that is supposed to be an expert in oil analysis.

Based on the OP's driving criteria this vehicle is an ideal candidate for the severe service interval which is 3 months or 3000 miles per Lexus. The TBN may look good but the KV100 does not.

I don’t think this engine needs such drastic measures. These engines are very easy on oil and the only thing of concern is the Severe Duty driving conditions that the OP is putting it through.

All things considered, this oil still looks good and could have easily made it to 5k miles with room to spare for safety. 7k might be pushing it with the OPs use.
Drastic measures are same price as ILSAC GF-6 and this engine has no problem with thicker oils.

Back