2016 Jeep Patriot Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: horse123
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Those that spread factual information about Jeeps know what giant pieces they are
wink.gif

Awful reliability, they drop in value about 30% the nanosecond you first sit in it, and they get about 12L semi truck level MPG.
What kind of Jeep did do you have?

Hilarious. Of course the few people in the world with reliable jeeps are going to defend them. It's actually pretty common sense that they're awful and unreliable now. Common sense > 2 or 3 anecdotes. Just don't even bother trying to argue anymore, ask any respectable well-known car person and they'll tell you FCA is total junk.

Looks like he didn't own one, or can't read.
crazy.gif

Those that spread factual information about Jeeps know what giant pieces they are
wink.gif

Awful reliability, they drop in value about 30% the nanosecond you first sit in it, and they get about 12L semi truck level MPG.

Hilarious. Of course the few people in the world with reliable jeeps are going to defend them. It's actually pretty common sense that they're awful and unreliable now. Common sense > 2 or 3 anecdotes. Just don't even bother trying to argue anymore, ask any respectable well-known car person and they'll tell you FCA is total junk.

So far my track record with Jeep has been a heck of a lot better than with Subaru. But you haven't actually owned both have you?
smirk.gif

The 2016 doesn't have the CVT which is a huge plus. Patriots, Compasses and a few other Jeeps aren't really Fiat's they were there before Fiat ever thought of owning Jeep.

Now the Renegade is absolutely a Fiat. The new Cherokee is a Fiat. I don't want either.

Irregardless, people love their Jeeps. And while any new car will take a hit on value right after purchase, the #1 resale holding brand in the US is JEEP. Don't believe me start trying to shop for a decent current generation Grand Cherokee and prepare to be shocked. Used BMW's are significantly cheaper than the Jeep.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
wink.gif

So far my track record with Jeep has been a heck of a lot better than with Subaru. But you haven't actually owned both have you?
smirk.gif

You'd love to go for that third ban wouldn't you?

I love that you think your one anecdote overrides millions of data sets collected objectively and as unbiased as possible.

You'd love to go for that third ban wouldn't you?

I love that you think your one anecdote overrides millions of data sets collected objectively and as unbiased as possible.

Any time. I love you think that there are millions of data sets on the current JGC (Mercedes) that objectively compares it too. But hey, you are an absolute master at peddling baseless nonsense.

You actually buy your own car yet, or are you still driving around in the Subaru your parents paid for?

protip: I was talking about your third ban not mine
wink.gif

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be funny because you are a pro at being banned or if you just think putting "protip" in front of something makes it funny
21.gif

Not that it really matters I suppose.

I think the Patriot uses the Hyndai 6 spd auto.

The Cherokee 9sp had internal hardware updates (snapring) and software for 2016. Two friends have 16 Cherokee Limiteds and love them, no issues.

I have a 15 WK2 Overland with Hemi and 8 spd ZF, been excellent so far, but then again my 02 WJ 4.7 has been stellar also.

Whirlpool is not great. Father has a lower end whirlpool and the thing just absolutely ruins everything you put in the freezer in days. Everything gets really hard and forms ice crystals all over, the texture and flavor are dead within 2 weeks even if it's sealed food. Never had an issue with something like that with any other brand.

Friend had GE based kitchen, all good stuff, nothing ever broke or had issues or stupid unintuitive buttons or anything of the sort.

21.gif

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Whirlpool is not great. Father has a lower end whirlpool and the thing just absolutely ruins everything you put in the freezer in days. Everything gets really hard and forms ice crystals all over, the texture and flavor are dead within 2 weeks even if it's sealed food. Never had an issue with something like that with any other brand.

Friend had GE based kitchen, all good stuff, nothing ever broke or had issues or stupid unintuitive buttons or anything of the sort.

21.gif

I never tried to act like my opinion based on limited data was the end all be all of information like your boyfriends here did buddypal

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Quote:
... millions of data sets collected objectively and as unbiased as possible.

crackmeup2.gif
It's been a while since a post made me laugh so hard. Thanks for the laugh.

Yes LOL

My Parakeet uses Consumer Reports for cage lining, issues an unbiased report that CR is the #1 cagee lining material~!

Check out JD or any other source on reliability then. The only place you'll find positive remarks about FCA vehicles is on websites that directly profit from it.

I've never seen a group of such stubborn old men refusing to believe simple facts right in front of their faces. It's absolutely hilarious. And what's even better, you think you WON the argument. You don't win when your "facts" are completely false. Or you think your 3 anecdotes are more important than objective data.

I've never seen a group of such stubborn old men refusing to believe simple facts right in front of their faces.

Why do you continue to hang out here then? Can't you find another forum with a less stubborn audience?

BTW, when ten different people tell you "it's you," then it's usually you.
smile.gif

Check out JD or any other source on reliability then. The only place you'll find positive remarks about FCA vehicles is on websites that directly profit from it.

I've never seen a group of such stubborn old men refusing to believe simple facts right in front of their faces. It's absolutely hilarious. And what's even better, you think you WON the argument. You don't win when your "facts" are completely false. Or you think your 3 anecdotes are more important than objective data.

What I discovered when researching the newer Patriots with the improved 2.4L engine and Powertech transmission is that the owner reviews did not mimic the trade reviews.

An example, Kelley Blue Book: https://www.kbb.com/jeep/patriot/2016/sport-consumer_reviews/?vehicleid=411810

Other sites are the same and you can research that yourself. One can cherry pick data either way, i.e. go to a complaint site and all you see are...complaints. You can claim that only the fanboys are replying to KBB site. But, it also not uncommon for only people with problems to respond on review sites. Internet amplification either way??

When I see JD Powers give the Patriot 2 stars out of 5 for Powertrain (mechanical), I have to ask "why"? It doesn't burn oil. It has no variable cylinder management problems. It has no DI valve problems. No head gasket issues. It has no history whatsoever as a problem child. How, then, can I give credence to JD Power's ranking?

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

What I discovered when researching the newer Patriots with the improved 2.4L engine and Powertech transmission is that the owner reviews did not mimic the trade reviews.

An example, Kelley Blue Book: https://www.kbb.com/jeep/patriot/2016/sport-consumer_reviews/?vehicleid=411810

Other sites are the same and you can research that yourself. One can cherry pick data either way, i.e. go to a complaint site and all you see are...complaints. You can claim that only the fanboys are replying to KBB site. But, it also not uncommon for only people with problems to respond on review sites. Internet amplification either way??

When I see JD Powers give the Patriot 2 stars out of 5 for Powertrain (mechanical), I have to ask "why"? It doesn't burn oil. It has no variable cylinder management problems. It has no DI valve problems. No head gasket issues. It has no history whatsoever as a problem child. How, then, can I give credence to JD Power's ranking?

Engine too rough for snowflakes, DoItMyself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back