2016 Infiniti Q50 RS Transmission Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4WD
eBay has OEM ATF ... not sure what options you are given for gear oil ... but I have seen break in metal in hypoid gear sets several times ...

I ran Amsoil 75W110 for a full 100K cycle, drained the fluid, left it sit in the garage for 2 weeks and then poured it into another can to see the suspended gunk -- there was nothing in the bottom of the bottle.

That itself says volumes about Amsoil

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Originally Posted By: 4WD
eBay has OEM ATF ... not sure what options you are given for gear oil ... but I have seen break in metal in hypoid gear sets several times ...

I ran Amsoil 75W110 for a full 100K cycle, drained the fluid, left it sit in the garage for 2 weeks and then poured it into another can to see the suspended gunk -- there was nothing in the bottom of the bottle.

That itself says volumes about Amsoil

I would say it's not so much as Amsoil ..... as is xxW110.
Having said that Amsoil/Redline provides higher viscosity formulation than most other brands of similar viscosity grades, hence stronger wear protection.

Maxlife works fine in these transmissions and it's cheap. These transmissions require a 3x drain and fill to change out the fluid, so Motul or Amsoil is going to cost you about $200 in fluids alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back