2016 F-150 oil pan leak

Hello BITOG. Recently, I have noticed a slight oil drip appearing on my driveway where I park my 2016 F-150 with the 2.7L Eco-boost. After looking underneath, I noticed that the bolts closest to the front bumper are all dripping oil. A quick google search turned up that this may be a common problem since the pan is hardened plastic. The video I saw showed the steps, but wondered A) If anyone here has experienced this issue, B) Is there another way to solve this other than replace the pan? Any tips or hints if I decide to tackle this myself? Any advice is appreciated.

Have you checked with the dealer to see if it is covered under warranty? My 2015 had the pan replaced under warranty.

There's a gasket being sold on eBay. I have one you can have for shipping. Ford says the pans are one time use only, and the original style pans were on backorder for at least 9 months, and I believe later obsolited. Instead I had tsb 23-2083 performed on my truck. It's an updated gasketed style pan vs the original silicone only pan. On old trucks like my '15 and probably your '16, the valve covers need to be replaced to prevent engine damage from PCV issues related to the new pan. I had my silicone sealed pan replaced once and it leaked worse than before it was changed. It's perfect with the TSB no silicone pan installed.

Back