2016 Dodge Grand Caravan TPMS question

I have a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan. Finally, after 3 years, I have purchased a second set of rims for my snow tires, along with TPMS sensors. The sensors on my vehicle don't tell you the tire pressure nor which tire is low. A low tire light comes on and you have to check the tire pressure in all of the tires.

My question is, what if I don't install TPMS sensors on the snow tire rims, will the low tire light stay on? Will it cause issues with the computer trying to communicate with non-existent sensors?

Yes, the light will stay on if there are no sensors in the tires. This is the case in all cars that have direct TPMS (sensors in the tire/wheel)

I have a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan. Finally, after 3 years, I have purchased a second set of rims for my snow tires, along with TPMS sensors. The sensors on my vehicle don't tell you the tire pressure nor which tire is low. A low tire light comes on and you have to check the tire pressure in all of the tires.

My question is, what if I don't install TPMS sensors on the snow tire rims, will the low tire light stay on? Will it cause issues with the computer trying to communicate with non-existent sensors?
No. It will flash to check for sensors and when it doesn't sense them it would go off. Check the manual as it explains it well. When you replace sensor that requires reprogramming.

These are really stupid sensors that don't require any programming iirc. They are also dirt cheap online. Don't let the tire store upsell for too much money and there should be no programming fee.

Back