2015 GMC Sierra

Good Afternoon Everyone. I have looked through these forums for so long my head is hurting from getting more and more confused! Long story short I'm wanting to use these fluids in my transmission, transfer case, and both differentials. I am leaning towards this that should meet the requirements for the transmission and transfer case, as the bottle states "It is officially licensed and approved by GM and is fully back-serviceable and can be used wherever D-III and or D-VI is recommended.

I am wanting to use this for the front and rear differential, but it says that it has "LS", would that amount affect anything or would it be good to go?
7CL3*16157

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Yep. Good choices. Since Dex VI is already a good fluid, readily available, fairly priced, and is what your truck calls for, I'd stick with it. Maxlife has a good following and is good for many applications, but I'd go for a few dollars more for peace of mind and knowing your trans is getting exactly what it needs.

LS fluids are not needed, but the additive won't hurt anything in the G80. I use the high vis trans fluids in the TC and 80w140 synthetic F & R diffs.

Yep. Good choices. Since Dex VI is already a good fluid, readily available, fairly priced, and is what your truck calls for, I'd stick with it. Maxlife has a good following and is good for many applications, but I'd go for a few dollars more for peace of mind and knowing your trans is getting exactly what it needs.
Thanks for the recommendation but what do you recommend spending a few more dollars on?

Run the Valvoline products with confidence. I am currently running the max life ATF in both my 2011 Suburban 2500 and 2015 Silverado 1500.
I am also running the same dif fluids you have selected.

I agree with these opinions above unless the truck had a 6.2 liter with an 8 speed auto transmission in which case it requires DEXRON LV. Also, your owners manual specs 75w85 for the rear diff of a 1/2 ton and 75w90 for the 3/4 ton, but I would go with the 75w90 for both cases. Here is the page from your owners manual.

6608286C-6368-4D4D-95DA-764015AABDAA.jpg

Thanks for the replies and the recommendation, I will get these fluids as it will save me $62 over buying amsoil.

Back